Paint Shop Pro Photo XI out soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapseman

May 6, 2003
State of Confusion
www.pbase.com
Slated for a "Late September" release in the States.

I think I've posted a "Who uses Paint Shop Pro?" thread twice, and nobody responded at all! Haha! Am I the only one? ;p

For all intents and purposes, PSP is almost as good as PS, but at a fraction of the price (approx $199 retail, $120+ academic price)! I've used freeware/shareware and "cheong" versions since ver.4. Bought the real thing for ver.X. Though it wasn't a significant upgrade from ver.9, it's still a great tool nonetheless.

Official site: Paint Shop Pro Photo XI

Can't wait to get my copy! :thumbsup:

synapseman said:
Version XI? Wow. Cool. Where did you see it?

I was at Funan 2 days back and I only saw Ver X.

Oh, i didn't buy from the shelf lah. I download the trial copy from Corel website and see if it's good.

Can buy directly from Corel website right? They have the download or box version.

I use PSP since v.4 when it is still a freeware :)

:thumbsup: for PSP; also a user since ages ago. Hope XI will turn out to be a winner. (I think many folks preferred PSP before it became Corel.)

(Haven't been reading my ClubSNAP recently :))

I was using a pirated ver 9, then decided to buy the original ver X. Must say I was quite disappointed with the browser. And the one-step retouch function on X is absolutely horrible. I use the one-step photo fix script from ver 8 instead.

I'm waiting for more reviews for XI, but from what I see right now, it's mainly minor tweaks. May not be worth it, methinks?

I also use paint shop pro but until ver 8 only. Quite a good program though never tried the later ones. Sometimes think PS too overkill for me.

PSPP XI boxed version spotted at South Asian Computers @ Funan. S$165.

Frankly, even as a fan of PSP, ever since Corel took over, they really screwed with an otherwise fine browser. In version XI, they've seem to made the browser/organiser from bad to worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.