Paid photo hosting site

Status
Not open for further replies.

iboey

Jun 16, 2006
Eastern Singapore
www.iboey.com
I have seen zenfolio, pbase and zoto but none of it looks professional and the price is not attractive...viewing pic too slow due to server out of SG. Any guys out here using paid photo hosting site? I got a personal domain site but too lazy to edit htmls and scripts whenever i got new photos to add... :dunno:

smugmug's decent. I'm using it, check my sig.

Hmm, I'm using Zenfolio and I think it's a really good site. Easy to use, seamless interface and their tech support is really quick to reply to my questions. This is a good thing as it shows that they're dedicated to the customer experience.

As for pricing, I don't mind paying the $24/yr cost as it translates to about S$0.10 per day and it's a backup site for my hi-res photos should my comp KO. If you want $5 off the yearly price (and allow me to have $5 off too, in the interest of full disclosure) drop me a PM with ur email and i'll send u a referral email.

I used to use flickr, but Zenfolio has won me over. Check out my site here
Cheers =)
QX

I use smugmug

economyrice.smugmug.com

Its good in the sense that it offers unlimited space and GB of bandwidth per month. You'll need many many picture views to exceed that.

same as timber wolf,

"If you want $5 off the yearly price - which makes it USD$35 per year, (and allow me to have $5 off too, in the interest of full disclosure)", drop me a PM

Timerwolf, i like your disclosure, you must be a lawyer :cool:

I use smugmug
"If you want $5 off the yearly price - which makes it USD$35 per year, (and allow me to have $5 off too, in the interest of full disclosure)", drop me a PM

Timerwolf, i like your disclosure, you must be a lawyer :cool:

Haha no lah, I mean well... it's only fair I tell tt person what I gain too. =)

I tried DA... but long story... i dun wanna go back in there. It's personal, and not linked to the quality of that site.

QX

Frankly, I am skeptical about sites providing unlimited space for photos.

Till today, I know harddisk has a capacity like 250GB. There is no such thing like unlimited harddisk, wonder how long can they provide you with unlimited space. This is my 2 cents worth.

Frankly, I am skeptical about sites providing unlimited space for photos.

Till today, I know harddisk has a capacity like 250GB. There is no such thing like unlimited harddisk, wonder how long can they provide you with unlimited space. This is my 2 cents worth.

Well, I'm using smugmug too and I have more than 10GB worth of pics online now.... no problems so far... :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

Actually I stomp upon this thread while I was looking for a online web space for my work. Here's wat i need:

1) An online web space for me to store files, which also allows my clients to download photos/graphics/working files

2) Unmetered traffic

3) Allow flexibility of creating my own webpage/log in page for me and my clients

4) Of coz, a photo gallery (hopefully, can accept self created photo gallery)

I am attracted by usonyx's "get 12mth free" offer but their's is metered traffic of 5GB. OPencube.com.sg seems to be ok and within budget...but i never heard of them b4 and dunno if it is realiable.

Any recommandations? Thanks in advance

Opencube is expensive if u look at what they offering you. The hardisk space is so small. I have a link at home and they are so much competitive. I will post again tonite :) Im toking about disk space is gigabyte and unmetered traffic. :) :)

Hmmm opencube seems rather expensive, though they do provide unlimited bandwidth. U can check the back pages of digital life for other web-hosting ads. I've just signed up for an Unlimited Zenfolio account. No upload limits, no bandwidth limits for US$40 a year.

Cheers
QX

...viewing pic too slow due to server out of SG. Any guys out here using paid photo hosting site?

Isn't this a bit myopic? The internet world reaches far outside of Singapore.

Opencube is expensive if u look at what they offering you. The hardisk space is so small. I have a link at home and they are so much competitive. I will post again tonite :) Im toking about disk space is gigabyte and unmetered traffic. :) :)

Hello iboey

I dun get your "have a link at home and they are so much competitive"
Pls educate this noob here...

Thanks...:D

Pbase is good, it is based at USA. So your photos will be hosted in USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.