Paddler returns to China

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, just not paying them enough ...

Well, that's foreign talent LOYALTY for you. ;)

Quitters. Some things just cannot be BOUGHT (BBB :p)

They are just mercenaries ; the lot of them.
Their loyalty lies somewhere else.

Do you think they will take up arms and fight along side us should Sg be attacked?
They will probably flee like rats from a sinking ship.

Do you think they will take up arms and fight along side us should Sg be attacked?
You need to see it in the right light: they became singaporeans because the system asked them to be if they want to play for Singapore. If they could have played for Singapore without becoming Singaporean, then you guys wouldn't be whining here, isn't it? Can't blame them but you need to blame the system........

I do sense a differential attitude here: would you say the same thing if a (person born in) Singaporean decides to migrate? And you know very well there are lots of them!

Hong Sien

Well, that's foreign talent LOYALTY for you. ;)

Our parents, grandparents or great grandparents were foreign talents just like them. The difference is that they were the first wave of migrants after colonialism, and we're looking at the next wave of migrants.

I don't know about you, but there are those in my deceased grandfather's generation that talked about going back to China when they grew old/passed away, makes me wonder if they've always regarded China as their true home?

Similarly, we are born here thus we consider Singapore "our" country.

Even among native Singaporeans there are those that want to migrate. Are they less loyal?

For cases like fighting for Singapore, we've had FT around for that as well - the Gurkha Contingent.

For any given job you have to hire the right people......

On some programs on television here, they complain about foreign workers - giving "our" jobs away too cheaply to foreign workers etc. but it's ok for sports people ;) HAR... hor!! hur!

For cases like fighting for Singapore, we've had FT around for that as well - the Gurkha Contingent.

For any given job you have to hire the right people......

I think not all the Gurkha here will fight with us. They got more important things to do then that. Like protecting the Big Bosses here & get them out savely whenever possible in the time of chaos (I think).:think:

So call foreign talent and worth the investment. After all they will take the $$ and hurt more local feeling. Tax payer $$ gone down to drain and will continue drain tax payer $$.

So call foreign talent and worth the investment. After all they will take the $$ and hurt more local feeling. Tax payer $$ gone down to drain and will continue drain tax payer $$.

What to do if a country don't have much talents.:bsmilie: :what: :sweat:

The reason stated is that she wishes to be close to her family. I dont see anything wrong with that. It also means she values her family more than the money she's earning. ;p :sticktong

i guess it is not the PAY !

nothing compares to " roots " and " homeland "

I know a china collegue (lady) who came here for a few months of attachment due to project needed her professionalism. She complained the food here sucks & the price is 5 times higher then what she get back home.
She starts to bring lunch & dinner boxes here to work after a few days of work here. Maybe, her pay is not that great too.:think:

Flee like rats from a sinking ship, and drown in the open sea.....

Or get strafed from the enemy's plane. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.