P80 have arrived!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomolo no open lah...:D

:confused: looks like i shall visit John 3:16 instead :sweatsm:

oh dead.. they are nt open also!!!

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/26114/COOLPIX P80.html

Some initial comments I consolidated from the net:

1) No RAW, no hotshoe attachment (sigh)
2) Optical zoom during recording seems to be only limited to 2x (not sure though)

But still, quite an interesting camera. So far, no one's got a detailed review as of yet..

just tested it at Mscolor :confused:

1.) it's small and compact, but the feel and grip is not there yet compared to S5.. the lens element is bigger and heavier than the slim body, making the CG somewhere around the lens :sweat:
2.) macro works well
3.) extreme smearing effect on pictures above ISO 800-6400 (strong NR?)
4.) zoom is good, but somewhat feels not as professional as S5is
5.) good and reliable 9pts AF, fast as claimed
6.) VR works well, but beyong 15X it depends on how steady ur hands are

oops, forget to test the EVF, but i think i shall give it a pass for this model

1.) it's small and compact, but the feel and grip is not there yet compared to S5.. the lens element is bigger and heavier than the slim body, making the CG somewhere around the lens :sweat:
2.) macro works well

Thanks for the short review.

For Pt 3), did you check on what was the NR strength?

Hopefully the S5 successor will be released soon.. then there'll be a ultra shootout.

Thanks for the short review.

Hopefully the S5 successor will be released soon.. then there'll be a ultra shootout.

for that nope and overlook it, cuz the manager was getting quite impatient after playing ard for 5mins :sweatsm:

perhaps to add sth on, the use of propriety nikon battery packs may mean buyers will have to fork out more to buy additional battery if they are going for long shooting

for that nope and overlook it, cuz the manager was getting quite impatient after playing ard for 5mins :sweatsm:

perhaps to add sth on, the use of propriety nikon battery packs may mean buyers will have to fork out more to buy additional battery if they are going for long shooting

Nevertheless, thanks for the reviews. Will wait for more user reviews to pop up then. :)

2.) macro works well

Ha ha u didn't buy.....good!:sweatsm:

Does anyone have this camera and willing to post some pictures with P80. Wanted to find how it fares against panasonic fz18

Does anyone have this camera and willing to post some pictures with P80. Wanted to find how it fares against panasonic fz18

going by the performance of the P5100 which has similar sensor and in the same class of prosumer PnS, it should be much better.

going by the performance of the P5100 which has similar sensor and in the same class of prosumer PnS, it should be much better.

But then again, the 18x optics might kill image quality.
At best, we can only take the IQ of the other "bridge" 18x zoom cameras as a rough gauge.

I don't think there's much you can do about the NR strength. There seems to be only two settings, Auto and On. :bsmilie:

The body's mainly plastic so it feels vey light but also very fragile.

It zooms in and out very quickly but is quite noisy.

Focusing is very fast (seems much faster than the P5100) and the image capture acceptably fast.

When you're zoomed into 18x, it's very advisable to use the EVF rather than the LCD screen as holding the camera against your body helps to stabalize it. Once it's pressed against your face with your arms in the right position, the VR does quite a good job.

_

I don't think there's much you can do about the NR strength. There seems to be only two settings, Auto and On. :bsmilie:

The body's mainly plastic so it feels vey light but also very fragile.

It zooms in and out very quickly but is quite noisy.

Focusing is very fast (seems much faster than the P5100) and the image capture acceptably fast.

When you're zoomed into 18x, it's very advisable to use the EVF rather than the LCD screen as holding the camera against your body helps to stabalize it. Once it's pressed against your face with your arms in the right position, the VR does quite a good job.

_

Thanks for the reviews once again.

The 18x zoom shake is expected though, but the NR? Just hope the IQ is still acceptable though. So far, there seems to be no perfect bridge camera around in the market..

Status
Not open for further replies.