P&S for Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

eosandy

Sep 14, 2008
Land of smiles
May have been gone over before but I want to get my kids a fairly resilient P&S cam for them to share during trips and hols. Any recommendations?

Issues:
Little hands
Sort of water/dust/knock protected (not proof obviously)
Easy to charge (plug into USB for instance)
Easy to download via USB
Price around $400.

Good as a backup for me!!!;)

Your thoughts welcome...

Thanks CS'rs

Thanks ozora,

A wee bit short on resolution that one, however it may be a good purchase for my three year old!!!

wow, as silly as it miight sound it looks really neat! haha

Thanks ozora,

A wee bit short on resolution that one, however it may be a good purchase for my three year old!!!

Hehe! No prob! Think this is a gd cam for a 2 yr old onwards! knock proof!

Unless u have a cheap P&S. Saw that samsung have a 99 bucks one selling at Petrol Kiosk. Not sure if still have now. :bsmilie:

I saw my 6 yr old niece used a Finepix A850 the other day....it seems easy to use and cheap too, below $200 i believe.

Try the Olympus Shock and Waterproof series. LOL. No worries of dropping or throwing it into water. :bsmilie:

Can even snap underwater and in your freezer. :bsmilie:

Gonna check out the Olympus with the water, drop & freeze options (dipped in ice cream or put into a glass of water :eek: are covered). Thanks dorts.

It doesn't really matter which cam.

My 8 & 7 years old daughters are using the Sony V1 and Konica Minolta X60 respectively. Sometimes, my elder daughter will use my Fuji 9600 or KM 5D as well.

Gonna check out the Olympus with the water, drop & freeze options (dipped in ice cream or put into a glass of water :eek: are covered). Thanks dorts.

:bsmilie: Good for snorkeling too.

But image quality wise, it's normal. Not up to par with other P&S cameras. :)

The olympus water/shock proof cameras seem quite good. :D

Both my kids a 10 yr old and a 7 yr old share the Olympus SP560UZ and the Pentax K10D DSLR. I was surprised that my 7 yr old girl could hold the K10D with grip attached and the pics come out clear too.

Both my kids a 10 yr old and a 7 yr old share the Olympus SP560UZ and the Pentax K10D DSLR. I was surprised that my 7 yr old girl could hold the K10D with grip attached and the pics come out clear too.

Got SR mah, heehe

Got SR mah, heehe

Fast shutter speed mah. :bsmilie:

The fisher-price cam is cool and one knows if its available in SG?

Btw, for now my 2.5yr-old has been sharing cam with my wife since about a year ago...they are using Fuji F20. Though its a little huge for his little hands, he is managing fine.:)

The fisher-price cam is cool and one knows if its available in SG?

I would like to buy one. Also want to know if it is available here in SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.