P&S/Compact Camera Sensor Cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using the Fujifilm Finepix F31fd for a while and somehow dust has found its way to the sensor. It shows up above f/5.6 and is really obvious and distracting when shooting into the sky.

With my DSLRs all I need to do is lock the mirror up and blast away the dust with a few jets of Dust-Off. However Fujifilm has even used two nonstandard 3-prong screws on the side which I just discovered after getting a precision phillips screwdriver set to deal with the other screws.

I don't think it would be very wise to continue searching for ways to open up the camera, as the nonstandard screws are clearly put there to impede such actions. I would surmise that separating the lens assembly from the sensor in order to gain access to it is probably going to be a task prone to accidentally cause damage.

So what would be the best approach I could take to deal with this problem?

I've been using the Fujifilm Finepix F31fd for a while and somehow dust has found its way to the sensor. It shows up above f/5.6 and is really obvious and distracting when shooting into the sky.

With my DSLRs all I need to do is lock the mirror up and blast away the dust with a few jets of Dust-Off. However Fujifilm has even used two nonstandard 3-prong screws on the side which I just discovered after getting a precision phillips screwdriver set to deal with the other screws.

I don't think it would be very wise to continue searching for ways to open up the camera, as the nonstandard screws are clearly put there to impede such actions. I would surmise that separating the lens assembly from the sensor in order to gain access to it is probably going to be a task prone to accidentally cause damage.

So what would be the best approach I could take to deal with this problem?
send to service center...

Status
Not open for further replies.