P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Sigh, I've been dragged into helping my wife make a decision on a camera purchase. The choices (thank goodness only got three!):

1. Nikon Coolpix 7900 (7MP)
2. Casio Z750 (7MP)
3. Casio S500 (5MP)

All cost around the same, give or take $50...

For small, slim design the Casio S500 wins, with the Z750 a close second. For ease of holding and grip, the Nikon wins hands down. Frankly, all three so tiny, don't know why the fuss on size :bsmilie:

From test shots, found the Z750 to be oversaturated, but I'm sure can tone down the default settings. Coolpix quite nice, haven't tried the S500. Screen-wise, the Z750 has the largest screen, but didn't have time to compare all three at one go...

Anyone with any of these cameras care to offer your opinions on either of these cameras? Thanks!

BTW, not considering the Canon IXUS range cause don't like the design ;)

Personally, I have had problems with Casio before. The picture quality isn't that great, the battery tends to die out after some time (in my case, both the main and spare battery died after a few month's lifespan; my fren's casio batt lasted abt 6 months before dying). They also use a ceramic lens, which is touted as a 'better' lens - not too sure but the pictures are definitely not proof of its superiority.

i don't wanna add to your woes, but my personal choice for a slim camera would be Panasonic FX8. Good color, battery life is excellent, IS and Leica lens. :)

if only these 3 choices... I will take nikon. Tell her Nikon/Canon/Minolta/Olympus famous for making cameras... Casio eh...

For digi cam, I like olympus/fujifilm/canon/nikon in that order:)

I agree, my experiences with casio :thumbsd: esp the ex series. They're still not 'there' yet you know..

thx.. how about the Lumix that feryl recommended? Personally I like the Nikon ;)

Gymrat76 said:
thx.. how about the Lumix that feryl recommended? Personally I like the Nikon ;)

Panasonic partner with Lecia regarding the lens... so should be ok lah... and yah I forget about pentax!

i once considered teh 7900 in view of the IXUS50. IMO, the ixus won hands down. 7900 lacks even shutter control. if u don mind the 7900 shape, y not get the A520, slightly bigger only.

Buy three.

After she use three for awhile, keep the one she likes the most and give the other two away to her sister or brother.

Problem solved, case closed, end of story, bye bye. (for deal with indecisive women have to be bold and swift) :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
Buy three.

After she use three for awhile, keep the one she likes the most and give the other two away to her sister or brother.

Problem solved, case closed, end of story, bye bye. (for deal with indecisive women have to be bold and swift) :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:kok: you think i print money ah?

Gymrat76 said:
P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

Never underestimate a woman.

When visiting Hong Kong My wife decided to buy 10D for me. She also bought a set of EF extension tube, an extra battery pack and 2X 250mb and one 500mb CF cards. :lovegrin:

Sion said:

When visiting Hong Kong My wife decided to buy 10D for me. She also bought a set of EF extension tube, an extra battery pack and 2X 250mb and one 500mb CF cards. :lovegrin:

what did you do to her? :bsmilie:

Gymrat76 said:
Sigh, I've been dragged into helping my wife make a decision on a camera purchase. The choices (thank goodness only got three!):

1. Nikon Coolpix 7900 (7MP)
2. Casio Z750 (7MP)
3. Casio S500 (5MP)

All cost around the same, give or take $50...

For small, slim design the Casio S500 wins, with the Z750 a close second. For ease of holding and grip, the Nikon wins hands down. Frankly, all three so tiny, don't know why the fuss on size :bsmilie:

From test shots, found the Z750 to be oversaturated, but I'm sure can tone down the default settings. Coolpix quite nice, haven't tried the S500. Screen-wise, the Z750 has the largest screen, but didn't have time to compare all three at one go...

Anyone with any of these cameras care to offer your opinions on either of these cameras? Thanks!

BTW, not considering the Canon IXUS range cause don't like the design ;)
your mistake is to let her choose. should have just bought the Coolpix for her.

Sion said:

hmm, your wife should have also bought you a full set of L lens... y din she do that...:think:

Get Nikon S1. ;)

Venom81 said:
Get Nikon S1. ;)

Was considering it, but for just a bit more can get the CP7900 which I feel is the better camera, and I don't mean the 7 vs 5MP :)

Anyway, still undecided. Maybe have to go back Lords and play with them again

Gymrat76 said:
Was considering it, but for just a bit more can get the CP7900 which I feel is the better camera, and I don't mean the 7 vs 5MP :)

Anyway, still undecided. Maybe have to go back Lords and play with them again

bring her along .. let her choose herself ...:)

you wont know what she really want ..even u bring her the best cam u think is good for her ..:sweatsm:

oh ya .. I have recommended S1 to my friend and it is good

KNIGHT ONG said:
bring her along .. let her choose herself ...:)

you wont know what she really want ..even u bring her the best cam u think is good for her ..:sweatsm:

oh ya .. I have recommended S1 to my friend and it is good

She did try herself, but still can't decide :bsmilie: Picture quality-wise, most of the P&S are about the same, as in all quite close. The deciding factor is on size/shape/LCD size and some minor functions :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.