P&S Cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos

Jan 17, 2002
Apex Circle
www.adamteo.net
Going to buy a P&S cam for office...

Just to check, which are the ones which has the least noise at high ISO?

Thanks!!!

Appreciate the approx price if possible..

Hi dragos,

For P&S which has low noise at high iso, there is only one... the Fuji f30/f31fd.

Cheers.

Lumix?

Lol.

Clearly you haven't done your homework.

Well they are possibly good for interiors(28mm in 35mm equiv.) but are super noisy above ISO 200...

how abt the lumix series?

Lumixes are known for their noise levels. They take good outdoor pictures, fairly good indoor and comparatively poor night scenes.

If your office is looking for a camera I presume the likely application is indoor/florescent lightings shots? If that's the case, Lumix is not really recommended. Yep, get the Fuji F3x series... they are known to be owls! ;)

ok thanks!!!

any others?

what is the price range for those F3x series? how abt the F40?

been out of touch with P&S...

ok thanks!!!

any others?

what is the price range for those F3x series? how abt the F40?

been out of touch with P&S...

F40 is not as good as F31, in terms of noise level.

how much is the f30/31?
wa looks good man, got manual function! but picture quality ler? optically? but the design bit sucky and lcd bit small 1.7" nia
what bout the t100 good not?

LCD is 2.5", my friend. 1.7" LCD cam is like a few yrs back, if still can find such small lcd nw, i dont tink anyone will buy. T100 design is veri nice. But in terms of picture quality, F31fd is much better. U can check out MS colour as they are selling F31fd at 499 with 2 pc of 1GB, extra batt and other freebies.

well u can just check out the cameras at the shops. test it out on your own.

Can't help but overheard.. lumix? heck the latest XXX model lumix is even grainy at iso 80! Makes me wonder why they even bother making digicams.
The image is too contrasty and 'fake' I would want my 500bucks back if not for the female species who dig the cosmetics. Even my 6yrs old Olympus digicam takes better pics.

personally i'm not for lumix cameras. good to look at. not good to use. pictures are v grainy. pp are just drawn to the name "leica" lens. No doubt leica lens are good, but well tink abt it would panasonic be so dumb as to put expensive leica lens on a less than 500 bucks cam? ;)

personally i'm not for lumix cameras. good to look at. not good to use. pictures are v grainy. pp are just drawn to the name "leica" lens. No doubt leica lens are good, but well tink abt it would panasonic be so dumb as to put expensive leica lens on a less than 500 bucks cam? ;)

Leica lens: 490 SGD
Panasonic junk: 9 SGD

thanks for the pricing. how did u get the pricing?

lumix is all abt marketing. Its slim but not so slim design won many over.

thanks for the pricing. how did u get the pricing?

lumix is all abt marketing. Its slim but not so slim design won many over.

You mean my post? It was a joke lah... In response to "No doubt leica lens are good, but well tink abt it would panasonic be so dumb as to put expensive leica lens on a less than 500 bucks cam?".

Simply saying the lens really is fantastic, but the rest of the cam sucks.

chey. but well, some consumers just blindly follow "leica" lens. and also the stabiliser ad panasonic had sometime ago....stupid ad. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.