oxygen absorber for lens and camera storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

fooklee

Jul 25, 2008
DEar all,
May I know whether the oxygen absorber in the air tight container for lens and camera body will prevents fungal?
please share your view;)

DEar all,
May I know whether the oxygen absorber in the air tight container for lens and camera body will prevents fungal?
please share your view;)

How would you remove all oxygen from inside the container?

Personally I think a dry cabinet would work much better. Lower humidity will prevent fungus. Not sure if the fungi that grows on lenses are anaerobic. Some results on google suggests that most fungi will not grow without oxygen, but some site says that there are some that can grow without oxygen.

DEar all,
please share your view;)

Lower humidity is key, not lower oxygen.

DEar all,
please share your view;)

isn't it suppose to be moisture absorber?

I placed all my individual len in a vacuum air tight container with silica gal. and it will place with ajwan seed in a tuperware.
In order to double ensure. I would like to have this to be added to absord most of the oxegan. I am not sure whether it is a wise move.
Your comments please

I placed all my individual len in a vacuum air tight container with silica gal. and it will place with ajwan seed in a tuperware.
In order to double ensure. I would like to have this to be added to absord most of the oxegan. I am not sure whether it is a wise move.
Your comments please

Seems silly and a pain in the butt.

1. You're going to pack seeds with the lenses? That's asking for fungi.

2. As mentioned, oxygen is not the problem, moisture is.

3. Why waste all that time and money when for $100 you can get a dry cabinet?

Your comments please

Ajwan seed? Wouldn't that be a source for fungus and other nasty things?

I really recommend getting a dry cabinet.

Frankly, haven't heard of such method of storage but really, getting a decent dry cabinet like the Digi-Cabi, will save you such hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.