Ownuser E51R Grip problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruno84sg

Jul 12, 2007
North
For those who own this 3rd party grip for E51X-series?

Anybody experience a much faster drain-off of battery power using this grip than not using it?
I haven't really go test it out again but my 1st 2 experiences were

1) Wif gears on (grip + 2x BLM-1 batteries), after taking less than 100 shots, the power indicator shows low...

2) I rem I fully charge the 2x BLM-1 and put inside the grip w/o attaching it to the body. After few days, when i wan to use it wif my cam, NO POWER!... :think: And it almost got me into trouble cuz i'm helping my friend wif her wedding.

Does anybody has this problem? Or they hv a 'on' & 'off' button to prevent the battery power draining off despite not using it?

battery drain has been an issue for the own user grip... (e-51x) some have experienced it, some have not.
As for me, my previous e-51r has some slight battery drain... but i can live with it. but last month my shutter did not work, so i had it returned to supplier. Fortunately, they replaced with a new one, and this unit seems to be not having battery drain.

battery drain has been an issue for the own user grip... (e-51x) some have experienced it, some have not.
As for me, my previous e-51r has some slight battery drain... but i can live with it. but last month my shutter did not work, so i had it returned to supplier. Fortunately, they replaced with a new one, and this unit seems to be not having battery drain.

I make a check on Philippines Olyclub. They have cases like battery drain off after a week or so but non of them have overnite or within 1 or 2 days fully drain batch. For those whom have purchase the E51R n having batts draining within a day or 2, I would suggest you guys send back to Lau Marketing for checking.

I make a check on Philippines Olyclub. They have cases like battery drain off after a week or so but non of them have overnite or within 1 or 2 days fully drain batch. For those whom have purchase the E51R n having batts draining within a day or 2, I would suggest you guys send back to Lau Marketing for checking.

agree... send back for check la... 1 or 2 days is too much...

I used old and new grip for E510... I will say the drain only fall on the new version, however after newer batch come in, problem shd be solve.

My older version 1 is perfect!

hello cater,

i am from Olyclub Philippines.

yup, that has been my experience also, drain in 1-2weeks of non use... But since my e51r has been newly replaced, i will test and se if they have corrected this already.

agree... send back for check la... 1 or 2 days is too much...

I used old and new grip for E510... I will say the drain only fall on the new version, however after newer batch come in, problem shd be solve.

My older version 1 is perfect!

I have egnaro's newer version grip, and it has no battery drain problem either. Plus as far as I can tell, when using the unit, it uses up power from both batteries almost evenly.

Better send your unit back to where you got it and have it replaced. That unit has a circuit logic error.

i'm planning to get one too for my E-520, any shops here in SG carrying Ownuser E-51R brand? pls include rough estimate of the price if possible.

i'm planning to get one too for my E-520, any shops here in SG carrying Ownuser E-51R brand? pls include rough estimate of the price if possible.

Lau Marketing in High Street Centre are selling this grip. price around SGD160 if I am not wrong.

Lau Marketing in High Street Centre are selling this grip. price around SGD160 if I am not wrong.

wow thanks for the prompt reply! i tried to google search and this is the address i found:

Lau (International) Marketing
North Bridge Rd
#02-05 Singapore 179094

can you please check if this is correct? thanks again :thumbsup:

wow thanks for the prompt reply! i tried to google search and this is the address i found:

Lau (International) Marketing
North Bridge Rd
#02-05 Singapore 179094

can you please check if this is correct? thanks again :thumbsup:

yup that is the Address.

Call them 1st before making your move there. Just for your additional infor, they are also the distributor for Velbon Tripod and Vangaurd Camera bag.

yup that is the Address. Call them 1st before making your move there. Just for your additional infor, they are also the distributor for Velbon Tripod and Vangaurd Camera bag.

yup i will, thanks a lot! :)

just got my new ownuser E-51R yesterday. i'll see how it works in one or two weeks time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.