Owning both the Canon & Nikon Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

USM

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Many people would say that it's is too costly to mantain 2 systems, namely Canon & Nikon, and there is no point to have 2 of them as each of them is around the same. Some would even suggest that it's the man behind the camera. The list will continue... :embrass:

But I have come across some PROs who are using both the Canon & Nikon systems for different purposes. They told me that each of them is meant for different types of shooting as the color produces by Canon & Nikon glasses are actually different. Canon claims to have warmer color than Nikon. :think:

Any PROs out here care to share your thoughts and views? Thank you. :)

now with raw file shooting and color adjustments available,issit still relevant ?

The best person that I know of that has tried both systems quite extensively is Jed; no doubt that I don't know him personally. However, on CS there are at least one to two individuals that are using dual camera systems for different purposes.

Most people will not do this as it is very costly to mantain two systems. Although, there are its advantages in doing this like what has already been mentioned by USM.

Personally for me, I don't really feel much difference between the different systems. Since I don't really use the custom function settings on the cameras, the layout of the main controls, shutter button, shutter/aperature wheel, focusing points are pretty much at the same place and all.

However, my choice is of equipment is still Canon, cos of faster handling and the big aperture wheel at the back which is really useful. Nikon on the other hand, has better mid-range lenses which are better in quality.

when i was using film, i noted that the nikkor 80-200 two-touch was warmer that the EF70-200/2.8 non-IS L. but i merely judged from prints so may not be too accurate.

I had a friend that always claim himself that he had job every weekends...in the end, he always shoot weddings free-of charge for people.
He owned 2 systems - both Nikon and Canon.....only the most high-ends one, he had both Nikon F5 and Canon EOS1V w booster.
I see him very sad...shoot free for people and lugging around 2 systems...with flash also....with double set of lenses.... :think:
It is a total waste of time to say which system lens is warmer or use for what kinds of job...can you really tell which and which photo is taken by which system???
I find it rather stupid and could not compehend.

XXX Boy said:
I had a friend that always claim himself that he had job every weekends...in the end, he always shoot weddings free-of charge for people.
He owned 2 systems - both Nikon and Canon.....only the most high-ends one, he had both Nikon F5 and Canon EOS1V w booster.
I see him very sad...shoot free for people and lugging around 2 systems...with flash also....with double set of lenses.... :think:
It is a total waste of time to say which system lens is warmer or use for what kinds of job...can you really tell which and which photo is taken by which system???
I find it rather stupid and could not compehend.
Steady, either he muz be damn rich or the 2 systems are not his.

Actually my eyes not pro enuff oso. I tell u, even if u put 3 shots, taken by the 2 systems and a film cam side by side. U ask any layman on the street, they wun noe the diff oso.

a bit senseless...eminent phtotgraphers are noted for the images they produce, not by what camera systems they use....they are just tools after all...

GitS said:
a bit senseless...eminent phtotgraphers are noted for the images they produce, not by what camera systems they use....they are just tools after all...
Why don't you tell that to Canon marketing? They use famous photographers to showcase their system, after all.

hahaha! and do you really believe everything in the straits times is pure unbiased journalism too? careful, they know you are awake.....

Status
Not open for further replies.