Overseas Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catpuke

Jun 26, 2004
Hi all. I will be going overseas with my digicam (Ixus430) for the first time. Any recommendation/tip/advice on what to do/bring and what not to do/bring from the more expereinced?

Thanks alot!

bring a lens pen and a mircofiber cloth to clean your equipment if needed.

if you perfer, get the ixus strap to hang the cam on your neck.

get enough memory and a spare batt, bring your charger along.

have fun and enjoy your holiday!

Hmm.. Thanks. I have the spare batt and charger ready.

I have 2 128mb card (about 120 shots). Dun think will be enuff unless i keep popping over to the internet cafe to transfer the photos. Should I get another 256 card just for this trip?

How long will you be away for? Where will you be going?

Some parts of the world have photo shops where you can burn your images onto a CD. If your destination is not too "ulu" you may already have enough storage.

Getting a 256MB card will let you shoot 240 images in total. Depending on how you shoot and how long you will be away for, this may or may not be enough. Only YOU can decide whether it's enough, none of us can advise you on that!

If you're going to an ulu place for a long time, consider investing in a digital wallet - that's a portable HDD with battery and CF reader.

Catpuke said:
Hmm.. Thanks. I have the spare batt and charger ready.

I have 2 128mb card (about 120 shots). Dun think will be enuff unless i keep popping over to the internet cafe to transfer the photos. Should I get another 256 card just for this trip?

A lot of times we go out buying lots of memory for that BIG trip we take maybe once every 2 years. The rest of the time the memory cards are sloshing around the bottom of the drawer. Digital photography is very popular these days, and maybe you have a few friends who have some cards they can lend you? I have found it more economical this way.

Cheers,

Thanks you guys. Think I will follow Amfibius's advice of going to photo shops to burn into cd. I believe Melborne city is not considered ulu. Ha...

And my 2nd 128 card is borrowed from friends. Hehee.. Thanks again.

dont forget to bring the appropriate ac adapter plugs without which your charger may be useless.

madmacs said:
dont forget to bring the appropriate ac adapter plugs without which your charger may be useless.
Yeap... Now all ready to go down under.

Hi all... Just back from my melbourne trip. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Wanted to post some photos i took there but cant figure out how the Insert Image works. Anyone can advise me? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.