Overseas cold weather

AkemiOgre

Oct 30, 2010
hi everybody i will be gg to china tianjin for 2 weeks and the weather is highest 10 degrees cel while lowest may go below 0 dc . So do i have to do sth extra to protect my cam d3k against the cold weAther ? Will condensation occurs ? Thankyou !

I use my camera under those cold conditions before, no problems. Just note the battery may not last as long. Happy shooting.

Glad to know , thankyou :)

many have use theirs in worst conditions..eg - 10 and their gear are still working fine.
dont worry..

hi everybody i will be gg to china tianjin for 2 weeks and the weather is highest 10 degrees cel while lowest may go below 0 dc . So do i have to do sth extra to protect my cam d3k against the cold weAther ? Will condensation occurs ? Thankyou !

Aside from the SEARCH we even have a STICKY right here in this section called:

Sticky: problems with dslr in extremely cold weather?

PLEASE try to search before posting something that gets asked over and over and over and over again!!!!

FYI, some basic common sense would tell you:
1. If you need special precautions, it would be in the MANUAL of your camera.
2. Almost all camera designers/manufacturers are from Japan. It gets cold in Japan. ergo....?

-.- zzzz

You want me to see the keyboard fight ? Thanks anyway ...

You want me to see the keyboard fight ? Thanks anyway ...

Nope. I want you to read the stickies here and search first, as is part of the CS terms of use you signed up for.

To prevent condensation.. you should put your camera into a ziploc bag (and seal it tight) before you enter a warmer and more humid environment (e.g. a bldg).

Just bring extra batteries and avoid sudden drastic changes in temperature to prevent fogging, other than that no problem. Read the stickies for more detailed info and discussion

AkemiOgre said:

One trick to keep battery working is to keep it warm before putting into the cam.

Rub it, keep in your jacket or whatever.