Overseas assignment for wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the rate usually photographer is asking for overseas assignment?Flight and Hotel is supplied by couples but how actually to charge them.By days or by job?

Hi,

the rate usually depends on the city that you are going to. I use my local rates as a base and then multiply a factor to it. As an example, I multiply a lower factor for Bali than say Paris. However, logically, it is always higher than the local rates. The price you eventually charge, depending on the city, depends alot on the cost incurred, doing a shoot in that city. Again, as an example, Bali would be cheaper than Paris. Airfares to Bali are cheaper than Paris. Hotel lodging, transport and other daily costs are also cheaper in Bali.

I normally charge them by job, but if they require an additional day, then an additional charge is required.

Also, you have to work out your costings really carefully, if you intend to make the shoot profitable. Take note of hidden costs, like cab fares from the airport to your hotel and IDD phone calls among others. You might also want to consider getting a makeup artist, unless your clients are flying down the makeup artist, doing the makeup themselves or hiring a local makeup artists.

A common question I am asked by couples, is whether makeup will be provided and who will the makeup artist be.

Hi,

the rate usually depends on the city that you are going to. I use my local rates as a base and then multiply a factor to it. As an example, I multiply a lower factor for Bali than say Paris. However, logically, it is always higher than the local rates. The price you eventually charge, depending on the city, depends alot on the cost incurred, doing a shoot in that city. Again, as an example, Bali would be cheaper than Paris. Airfares to Bali are cheaper than Paris. Hotel lodging, transport and other daily costs are also cheaper in Bali.

I normally charge them by job, but if they require an additional day, then an additional charge is required.

Also, you have to work out your costings really carefully, if you intend to make the shoot profitable. Take note of hidden costs, like cab fares from the airport to your hotel and IDD phone calls among others. You might also want to consider getting a makeup artist, unless your clients are flying down the makeup artist, doing the makeup themselves or hiring a local makeup artists.

A common question I am asked by couples, is whether makeup will be provided and who will the makeup artist be.
Great bro..it answer my question..Thanks again

You may also need to check out the place, find out where are the good location to shoot and if special permits are required. Unless the location is somewhere you know very well, failing which you may need to go one or two days earlier at your own expense...

I recently just did an oversea AD wedding at malaysia ... is a 3 days wedding, or they required me to stay there for 3 days. My rate ( service charge only ) for them is SIN $1000/day. Air ticket and hotel all by them, but of cos food is by my own ... but you can choose to no eat no drink, haha

Different people have different rate, but i suggest you collect 50% first, the next 50% by COD :)

I recently just did an oversea AD wedding at malaysia ... is a 3 days wedding, or they required me to stay there for 3 days. My rate ( service charge only ) for them is SIN $1000/day. Air ticket and hotel all by them, but of cos food is by my own ... but you can choose to no eat no drink, haha

Different people have different rate, but i suggest you collect 50% first, the next 50% by COD :)

Hotel will provide the free buffet breakfast ma...;)

Yup flight and hotel pay by them..I also charging them sevice charge exclude printing and album.1 is to jakarta and Krabi..I think must do some homework b4 going.

u can also load fees for being outstating but not shooting, like flying 12 hours one way, just to go to a place to shoot for 8 hours. the time spent not shooting but still on the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.