Overland Trip - Jarkata to Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cecil

Mar 1, 2006
Eunos
www.1digital.com.sg
I've planned a photographic trip to Indonesia from 14th to 24th February 2009. we have 8 confirmed attending and would like to have 4 more participants for economy of scale.

This is the itinerary with the estimate cost. If anybody is interested, do pm me. Its on a first come first served basis.

List your name here if you wish to join this trip.

PHOTOGRAPHY TRIP .... OVERLAND JAVA – BALI

DAY 1 - Singapore – Jakarta – Bandung
Take morning flight SG – JKT. After lunch go to Sunda Kepala harbour, the old dutch port is still home to some magnificent Buginese Makasar schooners to take a picture.
Then go to Bandung, via Subang, you will see the tea plantation along the trip and at night you can soothe your leg (or even body) in natural hot spring at Ciater, stay at night at Lembang

DAY 2 – Around Bandung
Tangkuban Perahu is a huge volcanic crater, the huge kawah ratu at the top is impressive then go tho Southern of Bandung to Kawah putih (White crater, some couple take the picture her for pre wedding picture) and try sundanese food, then you can go for shopping, there are many factory outlet or to Cihampelas the jeans street, then you can enjoy traditional sundanese food or dinner at cafe at hill side, which has a beautiful scenery of Bandung city, you can take a picture a night scape of Bandung. Stay at night at Bandung city.

DAY 3 & 4 – Bandung – Yogyakarta
From Bandung to Yogyakarta take around 12 hours, we have to check out earlier. Along the way we can go to Kampung Naga, maybe stay the night there to break the trip to 6 hrs travel time instead of 12, the traditional village at Tasikmalaya. At Yogyakarta we can have a roasted duck for dinner or shopping handicraft around Malioboro area. Have to sleep early because preparing for tomorrow.

DAY 5 – Around Yogyakarta
Wake early to go to Borobudur temple to take sunrise picture, then to Kaliurang is a mountain resort, with crisp air and a nice view of one of the Java's boisterous volcanoes 'Merapi mountain'. After that back to Yogyakarta city to the Keraton Surakarta (the palace), if we have enough time we can go to Parang tritis beach at southern part of Yogyakarta. Here you can try traditional Javanese food called 'Gudeg'

DAY 6 – Yogyakarta – Malang – Mount. Bromo
From Yogyakarta to Bromo it will take around 8 hours, on the way to go there we come to Malang, the city of green apple, you can come to apple plantation and eat some meat ball, the special food called 'Bakso Malang'. Stay at night around Bromo mountain, is an active volcano lying at the centre of the Tengger massif.

DAY 7 – Mount Bromo – Denpasar
Get up at around 4:30am or earlier to take sunrise picture. We have to cross the lava plain and climb the steps (253 steps) up to Bromo crater. From the top you will have fantastic views down into the smoking crater and of the sun sailing up over the outer crater. Then we can go to Penanjakan mountain, if you like trekking we can go around this area for trekking or take a chartered jeep.
At noon, we have to check out to go to Bali, it takes around 9 hours. This night we stay at Ubud, the traditional and art village at Bali.

DAY 8 – Around Central of Bali
Go around Ubud, take a picture especially rice field, art decoration and go to monkey forest 'Sangeh' (be careful with your camera) and enjoy a roasted duck surrounding by the rice field or you can go for shopping at Sukawati market to buy a traditional handicraft (not to long to catch the sunset at Tanah Lot.
After check out we go to Besakih, is a Bali's mother temple with the photogenic location 1000m up the flanks of Mt. Agung. Then to Tanah Lot, is spectacularly balanced on rocky islet, it's probably the most photographed and visited temple in Bali and is especially touristy at sunset. Tonight we stay around Kuta area, a boisterous and fun filled monument to holiday hedonism.

DAY 9 – Around Southern of Bali
In the morning we can go to Denpasar, the capital of Bali, then to Sanur and Nusa Dua white sandy beach. Or we can go back to Sukawati market if you still want to go for shopping again.
At afternoon we go to Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, features restaurant, theater, and see on of the world's largest statue, the whole complex has been literally backed out of a limestone quarry and offers stunning views out to Jimbaran bay.
After that we go to Pura Luhur Uluwatu, temple dramatically situated a top sheer cliffs, at 6-7 pm we can see the Kecak dance.
And as a farewell dinner, we can have a dinner at Jimbaran bay to enjoy the seafood and you can go for clubbing around Seminyak street,

DAY 10 – Bali - Singapore
It's time for us to go back to Singapore again, to do what we have to do... which is Back to routine activity again....

FLIGHT
Flight of Jetstar Singapore – Jakarta VF501 07.45am
Flight of Jetstar Denpasar – Singapore VF512 at 22.15 or Lion Air which is 1 hour later.

BUDGET ESTIMATION (roughly)
Transport big bus for 16 people is around S$4,000 /11 days --> S$ 250 / person
Hotel 4* $100/day --> sharing room $50 /day/person, 11 days --> S$ 400 / person
Local transport (jeep), ticket / admission, guide, etc --> S$ 200 / person
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Meal, Water $30/day --> S$ 240 / person
Total --> S$1,090 / person

Your itinerary looks very attractive.
At the moment, I am only interested in the borobudur and mt bromo part. Pls keep me in the loop, and would you accept someone like me joining in for part of your tour?

Of course, we are a fraternity of enthusiast photographers and of course would definitely welcome you.
I believe that this is a good deal and cheap and I'm trying to make it cheaper if possible yet without comprimising a minimum quality and maintain value for money, thats all.
Course at this time, 11 days leave is rather longs and I understand most people reluctance to take such long leave.

I am planning to go to Vietnam the same period but dont have company.
Am thinking of joining your group (but a newbie in photography). Just need to check your costs. Total of $1090 is based on group of 16 right? What is cost of airtickets?
Will I be odd number? You have 8 confirmed.

As the total number is not yet confirmed, can't tell whether there'll be an odd number but its a minor issue. You can check the airfare yourself by going to www.jetstar.com and check up the flight date to Jarkata and from Denpasar in Bali.
Of the confirmed 8, 6 are newbies, so newbies will learn a lot of things on this trip.
So far, the gender mix is 5 ladies and 3 guys, we're being outnumbered, need more guys.:D

As the total number is not yet confirmed, can't tell whether there'll be an odd number but its a minor issue. You can check the airfare yourself by going to www.jetstar.com and check up the flight date to Jarkata and from Denpasar in Bali.
Of the confirmed 8, 6 are newbies, so newbies will learn a lot of things on this trip.
So far, the gender mix is 5 ladies and 3 guys, we're being outnumbered, need more guys.:D

this post may just help you get more guys now!

aneh, so many girls dare to go indonesia... hmmm. must be locals or very brave ones... I'd like to go but no leave... Enjoy yourselves! careful flashing yr big lens guns out there alone... esp at night...

;p wah..looks interesting...from Valentine day to my big day...birthday..

We have an indonesian lady arranging the trip and she stays in Bandung, so I suppose we should be in good hands.:)

Sounds really good... Will confirm soon after checking my work schedule... Been to most of these places but via flight, nice place to shoot.

Very tempting. Gonna be difficult be take leave as soon after CNY. Worse thing I'm leaving for vietnam in March! :confused:

Will have to close this thread by this coming Tuesday and finalise the trip.
Anybody still interested, pls contact me by pm latest Monday.
Need confirm number of people going and book the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.