Overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2005
hey guys, i am a newbie in the area of overclocking, so i am looking for tips from any of you who overclock their PCs.
what software do you actually use to overclock the PC?
currently, for overclocking graphics card, since i use ATi, i use RAGE3dTweak. are there better software for overclocking ATi cards?

how to overclock CPU?

user12343

May 15, 2005
some mobos are more suited to overclocking compared to others. most newer boards have bios that is able to increase the cpu clock, while some older ones need jumpers to reconfig the clock. check out tom's hardware website.

but having said that, i really doubt the gains in overclocking the pc. in terms of clocking speed, a 10% increase may not be noticeable. and u need extra care in thermal management to cool off the cpu and ram.

jumbocrab

Jun 27, 2004
Make sure before you overclock, learn about cooling first.

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
user12343 said:
some mobos are more suited to overclocking compared to others. most newer boards have bios that is able to increase the cpu clock, while some older ones need jumpers to reconfig the clock. check out tom's hardware website.

but having said that, i really doubt the gains in overclocking the pc. in terms of clocking speed, a 10% increase may not be noticeable. and u need extra care in thermal management to cool off the cpu and ram.
Agree with this. Overclocking only improves very little but may cause more damage.

As Bluestrike said there are many other suitable forums to ask these kind of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom