Over saturated

Kaikeong

Feb 12, 2013
a
Hi! Everybody,

Do you find Singapore is such a some country but filled with plenty of professional photographers. Unlike doctors or lawyers where they need a professional license to get to work. Photographers do not need one license. As long as you think you are good enough and have clients to keep your business going. There won't be anyone to say if you are good enough so because of these photographer's rate are going from bottom to top rate. I find it rather hard to keep going especially with digital cameras around and digital imaging to assist any photographers. Many years back when film is the only choice, photographers need to have good knowledge on lighting etc.

Where will photographers be heading for?

Open for discussion.

Kaikeong

This has been discussed to death... you can check out the Photobiz subsection for discussions on this.

Thread moved to Photobiz section...

Hi! Everybody,

Do you find Singapore is such a some country but filled with plenty of professional photographers. Unlike doctors or lawyers where they need a professional license to get to work. Photographers do not need one license. As long as you think you are good enough and have clients to keep your business going. There won't be anyone to say if you are good enough so because of these photographer's rate are going from bottom to top rate. I find it rather hard to keep going especially with digital cameras around and digital imaging to assist any photographers. Many years back when film is the only choice, photographers need to have good knowledge on lighting etc.

Open for discussion.

Kaikeong

Photography is no different from any other business. So depends on how you run it.

The thing is, if you keep thinking the success or failure of the business has to do with competition, then you shouldn't be in business.

The sooner you take ownership of your business and be accountable with every decision you make for your business, it should run better.

I work from home and I make 6 figures annual income doing what I love doing because I choose to and work hard towards my goals in the genre that many told me years ago, it wasn't possible.

So how will the photographers be heading to, really depends on the photographer themselves...

Regards,

Hart

Hi! Everybody,

Open for discussion.

Kaikeong

Reminds of this thread from four years ago.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924014

It is a good read.