over-perfumed colleague

Status
Not open for further replies.
HR?
what else do they do other than keeping records of one's blackmarks?
you work in office too.quite sure your colleagues dont like HR department.:bsmilie:

it's a s job.:bsmilie:

Actually, this is a job for HR, if targetting her directly is not an option. I hate HR, but if it's their job, they better do it.

Another way is to tell your boss, if the "air pollution" problem is not fixed, you start working remote from home. Btw, it's your boss's job to talk to HR to get polution problem fixed.

Get an ashtray and light a few matches in there. The smoke will mask the perfume. It works for me. You're lucky your problem is perfume. My problem is NO PERFUME..
Have this colleague who stinks of onions, garlic and curry powder PLUS an undescribable odour that is so bad he leaves a trial of smell everywhere he goes. Wherever in the office I go, I know if he was there. There was this time, he was standing under the aircon outlet and he raised his arms to cool down after going out for lunch... My eyes teared a bit. It was an unspeakable horror. Until today, I still don't have the guts (or out of being polite) to ask him to do something about his BO.

Suggest gently to him that there is a medical breakthrough recently... may work for him.

Also, Jeanie, mebbe your colleague also suffers from BO, that's why she's trying to cover up with perfume?? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Tell her: You are a walking talking Body Shop

Get an ashtray and light a few matches in there. The smoke will mask the perfume. It works for me. You're lucky your problem is perfume. My problem is NO PERFUME..

Liddat set off the smoke detectors, which in turn set off the sprinklers how ?
Everybody, including Mr B.O., gets a free shower. :bsmilie:

Liddat set off the smoke detectors, which in turn set off the sprinklers how ?
Everybody, including Mr B.O., gets a free shower. :bsmilie:

Not really. There is not enough smoke generated to set it off. Another option is aromatheraphy burner which my colleague uses to escape the smell. But that is just too unmanly to have in the office. Its okay for him because everyone knows he plays for the other team.

i wonder will anyone had lunch with this nice sweet smelling lady... :think:

You have a tea lady!

Use her as the sacrificial lamb, just pour tea over your colleague everyday, will cleanse the smell away.

tea lady serves whole department lah.not my personal one lah!

Give your tea lady the most pungent perfume and let her outdo your colleague. :sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

good one!:bsmilie:

Maybe she doesn't realise it?

Email her througn an anonymous account.

Be tactful and tell her the problem.

help me draft one with your powderful angmor can?

.. later she replied " issit , i just want your senses tuned towards me... :heart: " :bsmilie:

Aiyah jia lat! :sweat:

great, can ask jeanie give you her direct line, so you can and tell her off from Aussie.

lol she might think that she's got a secret admirer from overseas! Lagi jia lat! :sweatsm:

Hahaha.. i'm facing exactly the same problem.. imagine an office with only 5 staff.. where 2 of them use 1/20 of a bottle of perfume per day..:sweat: :sweat:

I became the bad guy & just told them frankly that their perfume was too overwhelming & giving me a headache..:devil:

Sometimes drastic measures are required in drastic situations

glad you know how i feel.
i like perfumes myself, but definitely not to the extent of using it like how i shoot weddings...just ZUA....(sounds familiar?:bsmilie: :bsmilie: )

can you post her photos here, someone might interested to do TFCD for your tea lady......
so many threads seeking models for TFCD...

can lah.but must ask permission from her.else later kanna leeched.

what's the props for the TFCD?tea set?u organiser can?

Tot of 4 possible ways.

1) just tell her directly. Go and chat with her, after 2mins rub ur irritated nose and say "wah ur perfume very strong ley."

2) Do step 1. Simulate nose bleed.

3) Do step 1 & 2 and run away.

4) find a temp staff for 1 day, tell the temp staff to say "wah, ur perfume very strong." then ask the temp staff to go home. Let ur colleagues spread the news that temp staff quit within 1 hour.

these has to be the best suggestions so far.:bsmilie:

but about the nosebleed..what if she thinks i'm a les?wouldnt it boost her ego?

jeanie you can say something like this when she walks by...

"Wa liao what the heck is that? Something died or something?"

jeanie you can say something like this when she walks by...

"Wa liao what the heck is that? Something died or something?"

no and never ! in work always make friends and not enemies ! why not ask her for a coffee break and slowly tell her nicely.. :sweat:

:thumbsup:

Have this colleague who stinks of onions, garlic and curry powder PLUS an undescribable odour that is so bad he leaves a trial of smell everywhere he goes. Wherever in the office I go, I know if he was there. There was this time, he was standing under the aircon outlet and he raised his arms to cool down after going out for lunch... My eyes teared a bit. It was an unspeakable horror. Until today, I still don't have the guts (or out of being polite) to ask him to do something about his BO.

sometimes i wonder what's worse.

BO or empowering perfume eau de poison?:dunno:

i know how you feel.
BO, i usually tell my male colleagues DIRECTLY.i think it's because they know my character and me well, and we very arh one.

but for this office s, i dont want to do that cos who knows i may get 10 daggers in my back the next day.

it's a killing fields out here man...

there's another thing i couldnt stand about her....she has manfrotto for legs.
(want to guess what that means?):bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.