over exposed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

punscum

Jan 23, 2002
how?

bluemoon.jpg

bluermoon

cant see the details of the moon...it looks really bright...

am using 2800z. set EV to -1.5, which is the max liao..i think that is to decrease exposure compensation to the minimum right?

When I took my moon shots with my A40, my settings were 1/125secs, F4.8. But my zoom was much greater (which probably helped getting some of the details) than what you have.

If your shutter opens for too long, your moon will be over-exposed.

:)

uh oh...2800z doesnt haf this kinda settings, i switched off the flash, and set EV to -1.5, (if +1.5 juz see a blob of white light) the only way i can speed up the shutter speed is if i on the flash..hmzmzmzm...oh and full 6x zoom.

whats dot metering ?

As the light from the moon is the reflected light from the sun, moon-shooting is just like shooting something under daylight - EV 15.

If the camera has manual functions, you can use the Sunny 16 rule, i.e. if using ISO 50, set the shutter speed to 1/50 sec and the aperture to f/16. If you are using a very long focal length to capture as big the full moon on a frame, a shutter speed of 1/400 sec (to minimise handshake) and an aperture of f/5.6 (there is no need for a deep depth of field if shooting just the full moon) for ISO 50 is the equivilent. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.