Outsourcing Top Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually we are making money from these foreign students.
No doubt, the government give tution grant for the foreign students...but these foreign students have to remain here for 6 years in total.

Which means they have to spend their money in singapore for straight 6 years.
If they find Singapore is a good place, they stay here for good.

As for no. of sg students going overseas to study is still lesser than foreign students coming here. The percentage is too insignificant if you compare the no. of foreign students coming in.

Most sg students went overseas study are usually for degree or masters.
but
you compare the number of foreign students coming over to Singapore....it starts all the way from primary to uni.

IMHO, in the long run, we are still 'profitable' from milking these foreign students.

:lovegrin: :p :lovegrin:

I am very sorry, have to wake you up from your dream. There is no milk, in reality, you are the milk provider.

You are providing a service at a price well below the costs. Check the Republic Poly’s website, and you will know how much milk you give to these overseas students.
These foreign students also enjoy concession rates. How much money can you make out of their daily expanses?
How many bowls of Mee Pok you have to sell to them in order to break even?

“As for no. of sg students going overseas to study is still lesser than foreign students coming here. The percentage is too insignificant if you compare the no. of foreign students coming in.”

The percentage is too insignificant? Let me make it significant for you.

Total no of students enrolled in NUS, NTU and SMU is 12,800 in yr 2006.
20% = 2560 foreign students.

No of Sg Students in Australia doing Higher Education (Note: Australia alone only hor!):
Yr 1998: 16,509
Yr 1999: 19,207
Yr 2000: 20,866

Do you still find these figures insignificant?
You are not only giving milk to Foreign students in Singapore, you are also giving milk to Australia; UK and US.
Do you know how many SG students did not come back after their studies?

wow, did the thread take a couple of turns on topics? anyway i still don't know what exactly is being discussed here :confused:

Tell me, O Dr Stephen Strange,

He who can peer into the minds of all men and find out what they are secretly plotting.

I can imagine all your conspiracy theories already!

Here, let me help you out. The KGB has revived and is trying to use Singapore as a stepping stone towards winning the Cold War that they will start again pretty soon enough. And all our students going overseas are actually being brainwashed and trained as operatives. So it's best to keep it all hush-hush!

Hey! We need a roll-eyes emoticon here!
spineyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

What was it that someone called it? Enough of cockadoodle talk![/QUOTE]

Hi,Good to see you around. :heart:
Tot you said not coming back..:D

Hi,Good to see you around. :heart:
Tot you said not coming back..:D

I have a nose for conspiracy theorists. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
When the stink gets too solid, it's up to OBVIOUSMAN to save the day!

And OBVIOUSMAN says, you have NOTHING to back any of your claims up!

wow, did the thread take a couple of turns on topics? anyway i still don't know what exactly is being discussed here :confused:
The trolls are feeding on all the bones that people are throwing them.

And since no one's heeding my advice, I will throw stinky stinky bones so that the trolls will get sick of bones and hide in their caves!

Hahaha.... as usual, one thing leads to another.

Not much happening here, just tolking about some economics theories. But some see it as a political agenda.:D

And since no one's heeding my advice, I will throw stinky stinky bones so that the trolls will get sick of bones and hide in their caves!

Do you know why peopel are not heeding your advice?:D

Hahaha.... as usual, one thing leads to another.

Not much happening here, just tolking about some economics theories. But some see it as a political agenda.:D

Puh-leese, these are not economics theories. These are still laymen theories, there is ZERO economics in what you have discussed, other than the fact that you might be talking about the economy. This sickens me, this weak masquerade and facade that you're putting up to possibly add some glory to your life.

Till now it's just spouting of statistics and figures, which would be as far as it goes, layman's economics. Even Stephen Levitt's book for the layman has more economic theories (and even then some would call it sociology more than anything else) within it than in this thread in the first 2 pages.

The percentage is too insignificant? Let me make it significant for you.

Total no of students enrolled in NUS, NTU and SMU is 12,800 in yr 2006.
20% = 2560 foreign students.

No of Sg Students in Australia doing Higher Education (Note: Australia alone only hor!):
Yr 1998: 16,509
Yr 1999: 19,207
Yr 2000: 20,866

Do you still find these figures insignificant?
You are not only giving milk to Foreign students in Singapore, you are also giving milk to Australia; UK and US.
Do you know how many SG students did not come back after their studies?

D00d, where's the economics?

D00d, where's the economics?

So.. WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO WITH ECONOMICS, OR YOUR THREAD TOPIC FOR THAT MATTER, for crying out loud?

Should we?
I was told sometime ago, that I am supposed to live like a Swiss soon.
To achieve this vision, I think it is good to import some competition and FT to replace the unwilling lots.

A few good fishing ponds:

Switzerland:
Population: 7.5 million
GDP Per Capital: $50,532
Economy: Swiss Chocolate

Denmark:
Population: 5.4 million
GDP Per Capital: $47,984
Economy: Danish Cookies

Ireland
Population: 4.2 million
GDP Per Capital: $50,150
Economy: Irish Beer.

Please note: All the above mentioned have high standard of living and good welfare.
You are free to make a choice. After that your choice controls you.
So? What economy Danish cookies? What does this have to do with outsourcing of top jobs? As a TS, you are obviously not doing a very good job of keeping to topic or explaining what the heck you want to discuss! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

This is called the CRUSH-ARGUMENT-WITH-QUANTITY maneuver. Watch and learn!

Hahaha. All hidden liao...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

please lah, you want to whine and complain kopitiam style just say lah, don't use theory to hide this and that mah, what theory no theory hidden theory :confused: ok, time for lunch liao

In his Jedi head.

COME TO THE DARK SIDE, EIKIN.

Jedi!

920.gif

please lah, i've passed the age to go gaga over a mac, only time i think a mac is useful is when you need to wayang infront of clients

otherwise, computer is computer, don't call a computer an apple, it can't be swallowed

please lah, i've passed the age to go gaga over a mac, only time i think a mac is useful is when you need to wayang infront of clients

otherwise, computer is computer, don't call a computer an apple, it can't be swallowed

I use a PC!

Remember, OT king is OT king! Succumb to my Jedi mind tricks!

Status
Not open for further replies.