Outrageous overbilling by Singtel this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the bonus month issue... i don't think so. Singtel's profit from the local market is roughly ard 20 odd% and the internet sector is quite minor as compared to the mobile/home/commercial phone market.

Anyway, i think the practice of prepaid service as compared to post paid service is ong overdue.. i guess with the current unlimited surfacing packages, there's no reason for them to wait till the end of a period before billing. Technically, there are no excess charges so it would be easier for the accounting as well. Also, maybe we have to thank those who surf n yet don't pay their bills that probably constitutes to this change.. haha :p

Anyway, the above jus represents my pt of view.. not a singtel staff or watsoever.. a singtel user though :D

With regards to the bonus month issue... i don't think so. Singtel's profit from the local market is roughly ard 20 odd% and the internet sector is quite minor as compared to the mobile/home/commercial phone market.

Anyway, i think the practice of prepaid service as compared to post paid service is ong overdue.. i guess with the current unlimited surfacing packages, there's no reason for them to wait till the end of a period before billing. Technically, there are no excess charges so it would be easier for the accounting as well. Also, maybe we have to thank those who surf n yet don't pay their bills that probably constitutes to this change.. haha :p

Anyway, the above jus represents my pt of view.. not a singtel staff or watsoever.. a singtel user though :D

Hoping that my boss will understand this and prepaid my salary in future.

Another theory.

Could it be a desperate attempt by some one to fake and ramp up an artificial $$ billing volume, so that they can claim to have met a certain annual "target". :bsmilie:
That is why they chose this time to "introduce new billing cycle".

For which they either do not get retrenched or perhaps get insanely huge bonuses for hitting a high target.

Then later they adjust (hopefully for the consumers) back the bills and the company's top management is none the wiser.

They didn't over charge n NO, i don't work for them.

They charge in advance as there is a change in their billing system. Therefore, only those with BB will be affected. The next bill, if u got keep current one, it will be ard Jan (If not wrong) n they will bill u from (example), end date from this bill to the cut off date on Jan. No worry, just pay up, they wouldn't any how bill you else become BIG case. For residential line, there are not additional bill and so, you might be getting a bill for this one during Dec.

Hope you all got the point. ;)

err.. let me see,
the contract I signed says I get (at least?) 1 month free subscription. That means zero (0) dollar for the 1st month.

the promised contracted fee was $29.95 a month? or maybe I recall wrongly, $39.95 a month ?

if I got my maths wrong, please let me know.

$98 > 0 ?

$98 > $29.95?

$98 > $39.95?

say, let's get weird, say they "charge in advance"

ok -- just for argument's sake TWO months.

$98 > $0 (1st month) + $29.95 or $39.95?

$98 > 2 x $29.95 ?

$98 > 2 x $39.95 ?

must have failed my maths

Ok. Just check my bills thru vpost. Maybe this would give a better idea.

Bill dated 15 Sep - BB charge from 2 Aug to 1 Sep
Bill dated 16 Oct - BB charge from 2 Sep to 1 Oct
Bill dated 16 Nov:
1) BB charge from 2 Oct to 10 Oct
2) BB charge from 11 Oct to 10 Nov
3) BB charge from 11 Nov to 10 Dec

My singtel mobile billing is from 11 of current month to 10 of the next month. So i guess that they are arranging such that all the billing is the same.

err.. let me see,
the contract I signed says I get (at least?) 1 month free subscription. That means zero (0) dollar for the 1st month.

the promised contracted fee was $29.95 a month? or maybe I recall wrongly, $39.95 a month ?

if I got my maths wrong, please let me know.

$98 > 0 ?

$98 > $29.95?

$98 > $39.95?

say, let's get weird, say they "charge in advance"

ok -- just for argument's sake TWO months.

$98 > $0 (1st month) + $29.95 or $39.95?

$98 > 2 x $29.95 ?

$98 > 2 x $39.95 ?

must have failed my maths

Free 1 month could also means at the last month of your contract. Might want to check the service contract again?

Another theory.

Could it be a desperate attempt by some one to fake and ramp up an artificial $$ billing volume, so that they can claim to have met a certain annual "target". :bsmilie:
That is why they chose this time to "introduce new billing cycle".

For which they either do not get retrenched or perhaps get insanely huge bonuses for hitting a high target.

Then later they adjust (hopefully for the consumers) back the bills and the company's top management is none the wiser.

My humble POV:
Some possible explanation on why they have decided to charge users in advance:

1) To prevent users from terminating their contracts earlier (since there's a 1 month buffer)?
2) To increase their operating capital (since they technically generate more non interest bearing CL)

Nevertheless, my response for this situation would be not to pay the bills in full - since I pay my non-critical bills manually, I will only pay for what I have used thus far.

Hopefully the '2 months' billing cycle is a one-time implementation to adjust the billing system..

Still, have to complain that why the consumer are not been informed in the first place then suddenly a great surprise on the bill? haiz.... this is too..argh

My humble POV:
Some possible explanation on why they have decided to charge users in advance:

1) To prevent users from terminating their contracts earlier (since there's a 1 month buffer)?
2) To increase their operating capital (since they technically generate more non interest bearing CL)

Nevertheless, my response for this situation would be not to pay the bills in full - since I pay my non-critical bills manually, I will only pay for what I have used thus far.

Hopefully the '2 months' billing cycle is a one-time implementation to adjust the billing system..

i know. maybe due to hsien yang leaving singtel.:bsmilie: wait, how does that affect?:embrass: haha

Status
Not open for further replies.