Status
Not open for further replies.

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
Comrades and compatriots

Venue: Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve (SBWR)
Date: 12 February 2006
Time: 3pm to 6:30pm

Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve is perhaps quite well known among bird-watchers, which, although I am not, I went for the tranquility ;p. Anyway, this outing is mend for those who heard about Sungei Buloh, but have been there either due to work/studies, no companion, or have no idea where/what is SBWR. So on 12 February 2006, Sunday, I am organising a small outing to this gem in northern Singapore.

You will get to see wide varieties of migratory birds, mangrove, flowers and faunas. I am also calling those with super/ultra telephoto zoom lenses to join us :devil: .

er..i think 5feb is a sunday, not saturday.. cheers!

Very keen to go for this, though I'm getting my wisdom teeth (four of them) removed tomorrow. :sweatsm: Anyway, if your spaces fill up and I do decide to go, might actually see you there.

fWord said:
Very keen to go for this, though I'm getting my wisdom teeth (four of them) removed tomorrow. :sweatsm: Anyway, if your spaces fill up and I do decide to go, might actually see you there.

No problem bro, if you should need directions, look for me. :)

great place to go. just remember some cash for the entry into the reserve as well as lots of water. it might take more hours than what's planned to actually cover the entire grounds, though.

Slivester said:
No problem bro, if you should need directions, look for me. :)

Thanks dude. Although I've been there before, I didn't see any birds on that day. I saw a few others trying to look for birds as well but they had not much luck either...it was an overcast day, which is perhaps quite good for wildlife photography. I'm still looking for a longer lens too, but not making any headway yet.

Horsba85 said:
great place to go. just remember some cash for the entry into the reserve as well as lots of water. it might take more hours than what's planned to actually cover the entire grounds, though.

Bro, its only S$1, haha. And oh yes, water, which I was desperately lacked earlier this afternoon when I was there. There are a couple of water dispenser around, so just bring a relatively large bottle you should be fine. I track from Visitor Centre to Route 3 earlier, and took me around 2 hours, that is why I am organising it as early as 3pm, to ensure we have time for the 3 routes + stops for photography.

Insect repellant costs S$7.50 there, haha.

fWord said:
Thanks dude. Although I've been there before, I didn't see any birds on that day. I saw a few others trying to look for birds as well but they had not much luck either...it was an overcast day, which is perhaps quite good for wildlife photography. I'm still looking for a longer lens too, but not making any headway yet.

That is why I am advising all those with super telephoto zoom lenses to join us, haha. Anyway, yeah, I was told by some down there that this period of year, most birds have migrated, although the migratory period is from September to March.

route 3. that should be the furthest. i took about 5 hours to cover the place. or am i just moving too slow. :think:

anyway, enjoy the trip. recommended to visit this place of 100 hectares of swamp.

yeah...better bring more water and dont forget insect repellent. the mosquitoes there are super trained and they horned you down even when you are walking~!

anyway...if you pple wanna finish tracking route 2 or route 3...3 and half hrs might not be enough.

Hopefully you can organise one again in a few weeks, don't think got energy to go for both trips on Sat and Sun.

i went there the other time but it was a week day i think. and i totally didnt know that no bus goes in there on weekdays =x covered only 1/4 of the place. i remembered got about 3 guys with ultra telephoto lenses when i was gonna enter the place...

Was there yesterday.... Errrr fewer birds liao, as compare to early December. The monitor Lizards in the pond, perhaps also goes home for CNY celebration.... Just kidding... When I did track 1 with my wife and her colleagues, saw no less than 5 Big monitor Lizards along track 1.

I really :heart: these monitor lizards !:)

Highly recommended, not only a good photo-shooting place, the air, the peacefulness is just too good, in our sunny island....

Route 3, far end is closed. Donno when will open.

Yes, the birds are gone now. Frankly, not the best of time now. :(

Andy Ang said:
Route 3, far end is closed. Donno when will open.

Yes, the birds are gone now. Frankly, not the best of time now. :(

Next will be September :sweat:, so I am organising for the sake of visiting not only for the birds, but for the nature that is protected in within.

Vulpix0r said:
Hopefully you can organise one again in a few weeks, don't think got energy to go for both trips on Sat and Sun.

It have been postponed to the 12 February 2006, just realised I have clashes of plans on 5 February 2006.

:)

Excuse me but what is this about Sunday 5th Feb when the thread says its the 12th. Any clarification, Sylvester? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.