Outing for May

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important thing in studio shot from what I learnt in reading a lot of forums is the hair... too much stray hair detracts from a good pose or shot... in most of the pics, the hair is all over the place... if u look at pro shots, the hair is always immaculately done... no stray hair all over the head or face... but u need a MUA...

The most important thing in studio shot from what I learnt in reading a lot of forums is the hair... too much stray hair detracts from a good pose or shot... in most of the pics, the hair is all over the place... if u look at pro shots, the hair is always immaculately done... no stray hair all over the head or face... but u need a MUA...

like that...all BOTAK better..hehehe....actually..its juz a casual shot..juz for fun though..no serious photography...juz a learning experience...:)

When comes to studio lights, practice comes in handy than theory on books and forums.. these guys are first timer, they will not notice lots of point until they shoot and start to learn from the mistake they have make. Comparing the pro shot and them is in-justice to them.

During a professional work, the photographer will be always behind the camera and instruct the assistances to handle the lights and props, the makeup artists will handle the model whereby there will be an art director around to direct the model and the requirement they need.

For a photographer, if you cannot handle the lights and the camera, u can have the best makeup artist and the best art director in the world, you still won't get a good picture.

Many elements make up a professional picture, not just the photographer.

For the newbies and first timer who wants to have the feel of studio shoot. they have done well in making the mood and getting the expression of the model.

When comes to studio lights, practice comes in handy than theory on books and forums.. these guys are first timer, they will not notice lots of point until they shoot and start to learn from the mistake they have make. Comparing the pro shot and them is in-justice to them.

During a professional work, the photographer will be always behind the camera and instruct the assistances to handle the lights and props, the makeup artists will handle the model whereby there will be an art director around to direct the model and the requirement they need.

For a photographer, if you cannot handle the lights and the camera, u can have the best makeup artist and the best art director in the world, you still won't get a good picture.

For the newbies and first timer who wants to have the feel of studio shoot. they have done well in making the mood and getting the expression of the model.

wah...sifu make comments liao...must learn n practice...i think practice is still the best..no matter how much reading and knowledge u get from reading..its best to hands on yourself..as for us..we r totally new in studio shots..so WE NEED MORE STUDIO PRACTICE!!!:bsmilie:

Just to share the experience rather than to let books and forum run wild in everyone's mind...

Books are always with diagram and most of them are not clear... so its still good to have practice. U can read for ten years, but if u don't do it, that ten years is waste of your time...

Like now, U ask me the different between "A" maths and "E" maths, I can only tell u these 2 letter can be found in Hospital A&E only..

Like what Dewakarma said, shifu comments liao. hope shifu can comments some of our shots so that we can learn from there. of cos, all of us are first timer when come to studio shoot. still have many many to learn from shifu. ;)

Hey guys I am moving this thread to Outing and Gathering Section.

This outing is more an unofficial gathering of Sony KM users. Unless it is an Official Clubsnap Outing sponsored by the Brand it can be posting in the respective brand forum. If not please post in in the outing section.

Thank You for your understanding.

sorry guys, I have removed all my pic due thread moved. this is supposed to be in sony/km forum, pretty much a user outing. no hard feelings to the mod who moved the thread though. its just that we do not want the pic to be shown in Outing Forum. ;)

Hey guys I am moving this thread to Outing and Gathering Section.

This outing is more an unofficial gathering of Sony KM users. Unless it is an Official Clubsnap Outing sponsored by the Brand it can be posting in the respective brand forum. If not please post in in the outing section.

Thank You for your understanding.

To MOD,

kindly define what u have mention...

We have organize a studio session without any fees from the studio cost, to MUA and the models are all volunteers and strictly restrict the session to a small amount of numbers of participants, also to KM / Sony user ONLY.

We did not organize this to ALL photographers. Therefore, i think this is unfair for those who contribute in any ways to make this session a success and make it look and sounds public after the session.

If what I have mention doesn't sound pleasing, kindly advice who in Sony organization that we can approach to organize such an event to make it a KM / Sony Brand outing. Also, how can we make it official. I guess the current KM/Sony user are proud to tell every they own the brand of camera.

The KM and Sony user have been organizing their own outing. Does it means that without Sony Sponsorship, this own outing for the same brand user cannot share their knowledge and experience thru CS? Will there be any CS rep to talk to Sony to organize their outing and make it Sony Photo Club?

As a proud user, I would very much love to share my experience as a full time photographer using a KM camera to the fellow photographers who own this brand of camera. This thread and comments by the participants have proven that I am not out to earn their money by sharing my experience and knowledge. Therefore do advice my queries.

Pardon me for so much question.

To MOD,

kindly define what u have mention...

We have organize a studio session without any fees from the studio cost, to MUA and the models are all volunteers and strictly restrict the session to a small amount of numbers of participants, also to KM / Sony user ONLY.

We did not organize this to ALL photographers. Therefore, i think this is unfair for those who contribute in any ways to make this session a success and make it look and sounds public after the session.

If what I have mention doesn't sound pleasing, kindly advice who in Sony organization that we can approach to organize such an event to make it a KM / Sony Brand outing. Also, how can we make it official. I guess the current KM/Sony user are proud to tell every they own the brand of camera.

The KM and Sony user have been organizing their own outing. Does it means that without Sony Sponsorship, this own outing for the same brand user cannot share their knowledge and experience thru CS? Will there be any CS rep to talk to Sony to organize their outing and make it Sony Photo Club?

As a proud user, I would very much love to share my experience as a full time photographer using a KM camera to the fellow photographers who own this brand of camera. This thread and comments by the participants have proven that I am not out to earn their money by sharing my experience and knowledge. Therefore do advice my queries.

Pardon me for so much question.

1. Let me clarify. Nobody is implying nor accusing you of making any money from this outing.
2. The various equipment forum is meant for discussion of equipment only and as there is a outing forum. Hence any outing should be listed there.
3. Though your outing is listed in the Gathering and Outing Session, it does not stop you nor anyone from restricting it to KM/sony users only. You can leave a link to the outing in the KM/Sony thread.
4. As far as finding sponsorship for outing from the various brands, it is not CS responsibility to look for it. You have to find out yourself, the contact person and can approach Sony/KM and make arrangement with them.
5. However, if you want to use CS name to seek sponsorship and organise the outing under CS name, then you need to seek the CS Admin for permission first before organising the sponsored event/outing as an official CS/ Sony KM outing.
6. So far the outing organised by various individuals like Senior Citizen outing, AG outings are examples of outings not officially under the CS banner and there is nothing wrong with it.
7. This is a public forum, hence whether your outing is posted under Sony/KM or in the Outing and Gathering these are all public, hence there is nothing private here in CS.
8. Perhaps you are comparing the Nikon Mega Outing in the Nikon Thread. In that instance it is official in that Nikon is sponsoring the event for CS. However, I will take step to move that Outing Thread to Outing and Gathering forum, if you feel that it should receive the same treatment. I am cool about it.

Thank You for your feedback

Thanks for the clarification. I guess this will comes back to touchy issue like copyrights,using of names,etc...

KM/Sony user, do take not about this in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.