Outgrow a camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurtan

Oct 20, 2007
Simei
Hi guys, I was just wondering.. what do people mean when they say that they have outgrown a camera? I currently own a D40 and at what stage would I/any owner of the D40 say they have outgrown it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

probably mean the existing camera cannot meet the owner need, while a better camera will improve on the owner taking.

they got a promotion or pay rise!

haha, or basically it just means that the existing cam's functions are not adequate for the users wants and needs. more functions and technical capabilities are required... ... ....

Haha I see.. all right :) I wish I had the extra money to 'outgrow' too :p

I upgraded from the canon 400D to the nikon D300, I wanted to learn more about low light photography ,photograph faster action with the higher fps,I wanted to learn more about metering and get the feel for a more pro like camera.. I have no regrets,it was the right desicion for me but it will be a long long long time before I out grow it (if ever)When I heard about the D700 I never even had even the slightest urge to go trade in my D300 for a D700! At my level of ability it could do no more for me than my d300 can ( apart from look good in my hand perhaps lol)
In saying that if somone offered me a nikon D3 or canon mark 111 free of charge I wouldn't refuse lol!:bsmilie:;):cool:

Here's one camera a bit difficult to outgrow ... :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

In a world populated with small, compact and stylish digital point and shoots, six photographic artists are going back to the basics of photography with the world's largest camera, which of course has given birth to the largest photograph. Professional studio work and some assignments require the use of large format cameras, but this "camera" is...special.

How big is the camera?

The camera body IS an airplane hanger.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-World-039-s-Largest-Camera-and-Photograph-62423.shtml

here's one camera a bit difficult to outgrow ... :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

In a world populated with small, compact and stylish digital point and shoots, six photographic artists are going back to the basics of photography with the world's largest camera, which of course has given birth to the largest photograph. Professional studio work and some assignments require the use of large format cameras, but this "camera" is...special.

How big is the camera?

The camera body is an airplane hanger.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/the-world-039-s-largest-camera-and-photograph-62423.shtml

fwaaaaaaaaaaah

Hi guys, I was just wondering.. what do people mean when they say that they have outgrown a camera? I currently own a D40 and at what stage would I/any owner of the D40 say they have outgrown it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
camera's functions are not sufficient for the user anymore.

let me raise my own personal example for you; i started off with a sony h2, after a while i realised that f/8 maximum aperture wasn't good enough, and the limitations of the noise handling made it a little hard to do some street shots that i wanted when the lighting condition wasn't quite so good. also.. not wide enough with 35mm equivalent 35mm perspective only.

so i got the k100d. that was better, i could use the sigma 10-20mm on it without breaking the bank. high iso was really clean, much cleaner than i expected. size is good, handling is better.. but then now, base iso is 200 (i.e. lowest possible iso). thus ended up having limitation for long exposures, have to forego a bit of image quality via diffraction. dynamic range also a tad clipped.

that said, i admit that the upgrading to k20d was in part a bit of gearheadedness. k200d is actually fine for me too, but the price difference was relatively little for me to choose the slightly more expensive option.

to be honest, i am going to say that maybe only 5% of people really need the features of top-end cameras like the nikon d3 or canon mark d3. but the percentage of people having these cameras is far higher than that. even then, who really cares? no one should ever be faulted for having money. it is only when they are "wasting" the camera by not making use of it (note, not even improper use), and buy to keep, then you should fault them.

The answer to your question is highly subjective. Some outgrew their cameras the very moment the newest camera arrived on the shelves.

best answer for most including yours truly. :bsmilie:

The answer to your question is highly subjective. Some outgrew their cameras the very moment the newest camera arrived on the shelves.

Haha true! Next step is to check the money in the bank :bsmilie:

Haha true! Next step is to check the money in the bank :bsmilie:

but some check after they buy ley :confused:

but some check after they buy ley :confused:

Then dont think too much already! Go enjoy the new Camera :bsmilie:

"Songness" of Hoots! BBB Virus Successful :devil:

outgrow a camera?

some ppl outgrow entire system and are "forced" to switch camp (then they outgrow somemore, and switch back).

the next question will be, ''camera outgrow photographer?"

possible. somebody i knew who lugged his 2 x RB67 all over the world decided that he dun need the firepower of 6x7 cm anymore and settled for 35mm instead.

When you know some other better camera in the market can better fulfill your needs and shooting requirements.

there is still a no of ppl using the d70 and they still haven't upgrade their cam body yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.