Outdoor self portrait...how to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brenton

Dec 29, 2005
Was trying to do some self portrait outdoor but when i came back, i realised that the focusing point is not very accurate.

Any tips of how to do a good self portrait outdoor all by yourself??

I did a lot of running to and fro...damn tiring...
Plus i am a newbie to both portrait and flash photography...

Help help?!:confused:

self portrait not as easy as it sounds, you need to be very good at visualising with regards to focus, composition is less of a problem.

use things in your frame to judge where your face should be, etc

an alternative, is of course to shoot at f/8 and above lor LOL

I used some reference, but guessed my reference not very good....

out of so many shots, i prefer those with my face blurred....
when it is in focus....all the flaws show.....hahahah

Use a radio controlled shutter release. ;)

I uses timer... :)

I uses timer... :)
how do you get the right focusing all the time??

Sometimes they appear to be in focus on the lcd but when i come back it's not leh....
Any technique to share?

I used an IR remote..point press and hide..

It was tiring but fun.

Why point press and hide if you're taking self-portraits? :think:

put a broom where you will stand in the picture. focus on the broom. (turn off AF). self timer - run over and kick the broom out of the way - smile!:cool:

put a broom where you will stand in the picture. focus on the broom. (turn off AF). self timer - run over and kick the broom out of the way - smile!:cool:

Ha ha...this seems a good idea.... to add on, can try focus on something like lamp pose, rubbish bin, then stand in front of it... ;p

if got 11 points AF use auto area should include you in the focus most time... but if you want accurately focused photo... there's a way...

1. Place tripod at the place you want to shoot, adjust angle, release the quick release...
2. Take your camera after releasing quick release and go to the spot you're going to stand when the photo is taken...
3. Change to MF mode... manual focus the tripod head...
4. Put your camera back to the quick release, set the timer and run...

also, f/8 and onwards help... since almost everything would be in focus...

if got 11 points AF use auto area should include you in the focus most time... but if you want accurately focused photo... there's a way...

1. Place tripod at the place you want to shoot, adjust angle, release the quick release...
2. Take your camera after releasing quick release and go to the spot you're going to stand when the photo is taken...
3. Change to MF mode... manual focus the tripod head...
4. Put your camera back to the quick release, set the timer and run...

also, f/8 and onwards help... since almost everything would be in focus...

Oh ok..will try that next time when i get a new tripod....or when i find my misplaced quick release...Thanks!
I was using gorillapod on my tripod that day lor..super sianz....

Ha ha...this seems a good idea.... to add on, can try focus on something like lamp pose, rubbish bin, then stand in front of it... ;p

Hahah provided i can find a broom there...or i shall carry a broom with me next time i go shooting!! hahah then i would wany harry potter's broom..hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.