Outdoor Portraits at the beach...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kssim

Hi,

Here's some more shots taken at a outdoor portraiture session at the beach in the early evening. Taken on Fuji Astia using Nikon F90X, Nikkor AF 80-200mm f2.8 and fill in flash with Nikon SB26. All comments are welcome...

pssBikiniWorld_Mar02_01.jpg

I like the 1st shot, her hair are flying but I like it.
2nd and 3rd shot might end up in www.photoforum.org where all the buayas congregate :). No offence intended ;) .

Originally posted by AnotherAngle
I like the 1st shot, her hair are flying but I like it.
2nd and 3rd shot might end up in www.photoforum.org where all the buayas congregate :). No offence intended ;) .

Thanks for the kind comment. I guess the wind is helping a little.
About the 2nd and 3rd shot ending up at www.photoforum.org... Do you mean there are people here that actually 'rob' the photos off the forum and put it up elsewhere?

Rgds,
KS

I too, prefer the first shot. Probably because of the model's clothes color -> contrast with background, thus she stands out.

Pic #2 looks a little too tightly cropped, and the hair just seems a little to distracting, too messy in this one.

Pic #3 has the background shoot right through her head, maybe should retake and reposition her.

Originally posted by kssim

Thanks for the kind comment. I guess the wind is helping a little.
About the 2nd and 3rd shot ending up at www.photoforum.org... Do you mean there are people here that actually 'rob' the photos off the forum and put it up elsewhere?

Rgds,
KS

Hi KS,
Anything is possible with "cut and paste".
I wouldn't know if people 'rob' the photos but having visited that site, the pose of the model in the 2nd and 3rd pic are quite standard there. While most of the pics posted are Japanese models (with well endowed body or sweet face), some are actually amatuer pics of local sg girls. Of course, your pic are definitely not amatuer ;)

Originally posted by Lennier
I too, prefer the first shot. Probably because of the model's clothes color -> contrast with background, thus she stands out.

Pic #2 looks a little too tightly cropped, and the hair just seems a little to distracting, too messy in this one.

Pic #3 has the background shoot right through her head, maybe should retake and reposition her.

Thanks for the kind comments.
I guess the wind is blowing a little too strongly for the 2nd picture then. Then again, I thought that the hair is messier on the 1st picture than the 2nd. (Hair wise, I'll prefer the 2nd one) Perhaps it's a matter of personal taste. ;)

As for the third, I didn't really notice that the bar was 'shooting' right through her head. Was trying to frame her using the two 'bars' Looks like perhaps it didn't really work that well..

Rgds,
KS

Originally posted by AnotherAngle

Hi KS,
Anything is possible with "cut and paste".
I wouldn't know if people 'rob' the photos but having visited that site, the pose of the model in the 2nd and 3rd pic are quite standard there. While most of the pics posted are Japanese models (with well endowed body or sweet face), some are actually amatuer pics of local sg girls. Of course, your pic are definitely not amatuer ;)

Thanks again on the complimentary. While I'm constantly trying to improve my shots, I'm still considered an amatuer photographer - professional photographer earn big bucks from their shots and I don't. :cry:

Anyway, I've take a quick look at the site that you've mention and notice that most of the shots there seems to be 'cut' from some other sources (magazines, other online sites, etc) and probably only a handful are actually taken by the poster themselves.. Hope mine doesn't end up there as someone else's 'original' work. <G> :)

Rgds,
KS

www.photoforum.org does not rob you of your copyright or whatever. It's just a site for people to ogle at women or contribute pictures of women that he wants other people to ogle at (share *G*). In nowhere does the poster say that he actually takes the photo. Get your facts right before you spout please.

Originally posted by Richard
www.photoforum.org does not rob you of your copyright or whatever. It's just a site for people to ogle at women or contribute pictures of women that he wants other people to ogle at (share *G*). In nowhere does the poster say that he actually takes the photo. Get your facts right before you spout please.

I *DID NOT* says that the site rob me of my photo. And not anywhere in my post did I mention that the poster takes my photo. Comments made above are either questions or simply made tongue in cheek. No offense intended. So, read right before 'accusing' me. :(

Neither was I accusing you. You were implying that the people there were passing off other people's photos as their own, which they were not. Read their terms of usage on the website. While I do not approve of the way the website is run (i.e. posting of photos without giving due credit), implying that they were probably blatantly ripped off and passed off as someone's else work does not cut it with me either.

Originally posted by Richard
Neither was I accusing you. You were implying that the people there were passing off other people's photos as their own, which they were not. Read their terms of usage on the website. While I do not approve of the way the website is run (i.e. posting of photos without giving due credit), implying that they were probably blatantly ripped off and passed off as someone's else work does not cut it with me either.

I guess there's some serious misunderstanding here. Items in quotes (-> 'abc' or *xyz*) are not meant as it is (or at least that's how I thought they works). So I wasn't really meaning that you were accusing me when I mention you 'accusing' me. For the same matter, I does not mean that photos on that site was blatantly ripped off. *Sigh* Never intended to start a flaming post and I hope this one doesn't counted as such. :confused:

Rgds,
KS

i know the weather is forking hot. so why not both of you turn on the air-con and cool down. :)

Originally posted by ninelives
i know the weather is forking hot. so why not both of you turn on the air-con and cool down. :)

Hi,

Thanks. Was only trying to explain myself earlier and no offense intended. Hope no one interpreted it as I was against anyone. Everything's fine and life is still beautiful. ;)

Weather is definitely way too hot these couple of days. Was out shooting today and it's totally unbearable. Whew. Nice to be back home cooling down.. :D

The light is much too contrasty for my taste and the skin tones seem overly reddish. I've shot beach portraits with Astia in less contrasty light (with reflector, no fill flash) and have gotten wonderful skin tones and smoothness with Astia.

Originally posted by erwinx
The light is much too contrasty for my taste and the skin tones seem overly reddish. I've shot beach portraits with Astia in less contrasty light (with reflector, no fill flash) and have gotten wonderful skin tones and smoothness with Astia.

Hi,

Thanks on the comments. I guess the lighting too, seems a little too contrasty for me on the first picture. Seems about ok on the 2nd and 3rd picture though. But that's only me.. :)

As for the skin tones, perhaps I might have overdone the curves adjustments. I'm still learning to get all those curves and levels adjustments right. Never seems to be able to get the scan to be close enough to the original. No doubt about it, Astia are great films and have wonderful skin tones. Something that my scanner (or more likely, my scanning and post scanning skills) isn't quite capable of capturing. *Sigh* :(

Rgds,
KS

Status
Not open for further replies.