Outclassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is the goalkeeper? the one that went england for some trial or taining one issit? ;p

That goalie name Lionel !

Players must view the defeat seriously !!!

The scoreline was absurd !

My friend thought it was a penalty shootout score :(

who is the goalkeeper? the one that went england for some trial or taining one issit? ;p

yes. Lionel Lewis...(dont know if spelled correctly)

anyway this team SG is not so SG.

Daniel Bennett, Precious, Si Jia Yi, John Wilkinson, Aleksandar Duric, Qui Li.... all foreign talents...

Not sure why some people are lamenting the poor performance.

Uzbekistan may not be a country that rings a bell like the likes of England, Holland etc.

But they are certainly a very very fine side. Their play is very European. In fact, I dare say they can beat the Saudis easily even though the Saudis are ahead in terms of FIFA ranking (anyway the FIFA ranking is crap).

Given their standards, to be able to knock in 3 and leak in only 7 goals i think is not too bad. I'm quite sure they (Uzbekistan) are able to knock in double digit goals when Singapore visit them again in the away leg.

Don't under estimate the country just because you have never hear of it. Anyway, it's goes to show how swallow the general public are. Never hear before = lousy. :thumbsd:

anyway this team SG is not so SG.

Daniel Bennett, Precious, Si Jia Yi, John Wilkinson, Aleksandar Duric, Qui Li.... all foreign talents...

i embrace foreign talents as long as they contribute to the society.

i remember vividly that my fore-fathers were all immigrants.

haha, yeah. i have nothing against foreign talents. i myself have work with them before. but strangely, i dont like the idea of having too many of them in team SG. Its like if England wins World Cup but half of the team are Brazilians....:dunno:

Goals
1. Singapore in the World Cup
2. Achieving Sports Excellence Through Football

Gameplan1. Walk the Talk

http://www.fas.org.sg/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=888

Ok, it was an honest soccer mistake, let's move on.

Even after so much money and effort being pumped in to improve our national soccer team standard....

Well... thrashing is expected :eek:

Ok, Goal 2010 is now mission impossible :cool:

ya FTs not a problem if they can push up the local soccer level upz. Maybe we need some Japanese or Korean FTs in national squad too. ;)

Give the lion a break guys....they are indeed a class below....in soccer game....you got wallop if everything went against you....even team like AS Roma also kena 7-1 from MU....is that a shame? I don't think so if they have tried their best :thumbsup:

haha, yeah. i have nothing against foreign talents. i myself have work with them before. but strangely, i dont like the idea of having too many of them in team SG. Its like if England wins World Cup but half of the team are Brazilians....:dunno:

sama sama

go and trace back everybody's family lines in the various country players.. i'm sure that 80% of them have had families from halfway around the world or something.

Hahaha....cool it la...
At least we got 3 pts on the table la. :) Oh well, Singapore's team has come a long way from the malaysia cup times. Improved quite a bit..but maybe qualifying for the the world cup or e 2010 goal for tt matter maybe harder to achieve now.

Not sure why some people are lamenting the poor performance.

Uzbekistan may not be a country that rings a bell like the likes of England, Holland etc.

But they are certainly a very very fine side. Their play is very European. In fact, I dare say they can beat the Saudis easily even though the Saudis are ahead in terms of FIFA ranking (anyway the FIFA ranking is crap).

Given their standards, to be able to knock in 3 and leak in only 7 goals i think is not too bad. I'm quite sure they (Uzbekistan) are able to knock in double digit goals when Singapore visit them again in the away leg.

Don't under estimate the country just because you have never hear of it. Anyway, it's goes to show how swallow the general public are. Never hear before = lousy. :thumbsd:

If the goals conceded are quality goals, I'm sure many will have nothing to say but man, one was even conceded direct from a corner and 3-4 are defensive mistakes. These are pros, not amatures and even if SG is a small footballing nation, these guys are not part-time footballers and certainly, such performances on the international stage cannot happen again and must be viewed as a bad performance. Did you even see the goals? I saw and it was painful to watch.

If we are to lose by a smaller margin, it will be a good result but how can a lose be good?

Dun just assume that a strong team can and will score many against a smaller and weaker team. If the weaker team can raise their game, a draw is even possible.

The away leg is this weekend. If SG can avoid a bashing, it will be an achievement.

stay tune on sat delay telecast of the match at CH5 10pm. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.