Out of Border Post Processing Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secrets revealed :)

Out of border post processing is a common technique applied to various forms of photography. I tend to use it a lot in the earlier years and I think I should keep a record of various intermediate techniques in my own blog.

I tried to simplify the method as much as possible in my own blog.

Out of Border Secret Revealed

Hope my metholody makes sense

Regards

James

Last edited:
interesting! will try it one day when i capture a photo suitable for such processing! =). bookmarked your page

Thanx for the tutorial! Here's is the test result after 1 hour.

I do have two questions, how do you add that shadow for the 'poster' in your example? And how do you paint off the edges so nicely? I ended up with uneven edges which is very obvious along the white borders. The full size is not useable and only when resized to this 1024 web version then its not so obvious.

Thanx in advance!

3278142700_cd892ed6dc_o.jpg

Alright solved my own problems, use magic wand for selection and use layer style to drop shadows. Thanx, it was good practice.

3279976733_3cbc506949_o.jpg

I tried so many times following the tutorial but still catch it :(

Finally I got it!

3287688775_6db623e6dd.jpg

Congrats!

I think it looks a lot more 'real' with the subjects shot from side view, rather than flat down like my butterfly. The lizard in the tutorial really like running out from the picture.

:thumbsup:

Ok 2nd attempt here.

3290531142_a7d69a3f8c.jpg

Nice one again master Redsun!!!!:thumbsup:

Anyone got a better way of doing with some screenshot for a better guidance? sad to say i still can't get it after few tries. Is this suitable for photoshop cs2?

Last edited:
Interesting effect.

It's 'Palette', by the way :)

thanks for the tutorial! very clear instructions..

have explored the rest of your site, very nice pictures!!

Hi James,

Thanks for your interesting tutorial. I am using CS2 and unable to follow the instruction step by step. But manage to use your idea and slightly different steps to get to the final result. I have one question. When you distort or warp the border, do you only warp the border or warp the border together with the photo plus the portion sticking out of the border? I tried both and I find just warping the border is easier.

Here's my result:
N0508-1243_border_s.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks again for sharing. Comments from anyone is welcomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.