OTOT outing: Bedok Reservoir Sunrise 19 Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcat

Sep 8, 2004
Bedok
Hi guys. Nothing big but in case any CS-er want to join a small group of us - we are kinda slow in moving, so you need to be the patient kind, generally taking 10-20mins just to setup and shoot on spot and may not move as fast coz er... old people lah - I'm extending the invitation to you guys.

Basically it will be a landscape shoot but if you're into macro or anything else that you may want to check out, you're free to join us also. I know nuts about macro but it's an own-time-own-target shoot anyway so you're on your own. It's our first time to Bedok Reservoir so we're kinda virgins there too, but we'll be exploring so that when we go back a second time, we will be wiser as to good spots to take a sunrise... it'll be blind-leading-blind so if you've been there, will appreciate advise. Anyone else who has been to Bedok Reservoir, if possible can let me know details also.

I plan to reach about 6.20am but if you're early feel free to go down to setup first or meet me by 6.30am (after that I kinda will move towards the reservoir area so can go find us there on your own). PM me to exchange phone numbers. I prefer not to have too big a group else we'll just be in each other's way. Plus it's more of a recce outing only. I will definitely organize another one when I have more time.

Date: 19 Jun 2010, Saturday
Time: 6.20am - 8am + extension for breakfast after that
Venue: Bedok Reservoir Road Blk 740 / reservoir side.
Equipment: Tripod - coz if you don't have this, you'll be bored waiting for us. Anything else is optional.
Rain contingency: Hmm... at the moment I don't have any but if it really rains, you can call me to no-show. I will still be at Blk 740 so can go look for breakfast.
Group size: Prefer to not have to big a group but I am not limiting the size, so at the moment, I'm extending to four more persons (11 total) but if you want, just keep adding your name (OK, max max - 11 more CS-er total... else we'll just be in each other's way)

Participants:
1. wildcat + four friends
2. reserved (unconfirmed)
3. reserved (unconfirmed)

Important: PM me your number. I am only checking my inbox tonight as I am out the whole day, and will reply you my number tonight.

hi, i stay right at bedok reservoir area, and 6.20am is kinda late. The sun starts to rise at 6.30am. You might want to get reach 6am to get to your spot by 6.20am. The sun rises right over Temasek Poly side, have fun!

hi, i stay right at bedok reservoir area, and 6.20am is kinda late. The sun starts to rise at 6.30am. You might want to get reach 6am to get to your spot by 6.20am. The sun rises right over Temasek Poly side, have fun!

Thanks. So from Blk 740 that side, is it a good spot to camp at? :)

Think will not be revising time this time because it's a recce but if others wanna come earlier and start at 6am, pls feel free to do so.

yes, thats not bad. From 740 you can just walk down to the floating platform at the reservoir, or you can go up the hill to get a higher vantage point.

I think that's it. Anyone else wanna join, just come but I will not be checking in here anymore. Meeting time 6.20am @ Blk 740 there or just go direct to reservoir area look for photographers.

There will be four of my personal friends plus three more from CS.

Thanks alexblessed for the advise :)

if anyone read this do note the floating platform is .... floating!!! if you want to do timed exposures on it forget it. Get down on the rocks for some nice low down view, i hope u guys get fantastic clouds tmr! :) i'll be sleeping soundly at home....

Hope you guys enjoyed the shoot and got nice pictures! :)
I woke up about 830am, and the sky looks nice and blue... Hopefully it was also nice and clear (or dramatic) earlier in the morning...

Hope you guys enjoyed the shoot and got nice pictures! :)
I woke up about 830am, and the sky looks nice and blue... Hopefully it was also nice and clear (or dramatic) earlier in the morning...

Aint tt bad bro.. got sun rays, blue and dramatic clouds etc.. pity u didnt come..hee..will post the pics later..:lovegrin:

Dem burnt. r00kie, Prime and myself stayed on till 11.30am.. I just got home, eyes in pain from too much sun *_* We went down to the rocks area near the dragonboat... at the other side of the reservoir (I think where you first parked). Thinking can do sunset there next time.

Glad to see you guys there.. even ZCA, if only in spirit :p

Okie closing thread already; see you guys in Landscape thread instead. Don't think I will be processing my photos until at least tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.