Otoko Tachi No Yamato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Available in DVD & VCD at Poh Kim. :)

Actually its not really about the Super Dreadnought Yamato per se. But rather the individual lives of 2 officers and a recruit and the moments they spent together as well as how they handled about heading for a suicide mission (Operation Ten-Go, if u're interested) at Okinawa when the battleship that they are so proud of and everything that they had believed in the military propaganda fall to bits at the end with the sinking of the dreadnought and being confronted with the bare fact of 'what is war' (in short, Men Die).

A few friends who saw the show de-cry it as a movie that hailed the ideal of Militaristic Imperialism. But if u juz watch the movie without thinking into it too much, its pretty much a nice show.

There's another one which is pretty nice but I can't find it here - Grave of the Fireflies (Live Action). Of cos, that one has Matsushima Nanako.

heard it is a boring movie. Dun need to buy, Youtube can see the whole movie.

Yes. Available in DVD & VCD at Poh Kim. :)

Actually its not really about the Super Dreadnought Yamato per se. But rather the individual lives of 2 officers and a recruit and the moments they spent together as well as how they handled about heading for a suicide mission (Operation Ten-Go, if u're interested) at Okinawa when the battleship that they are so proud of and everything that they had believed in the military propaganda fall to bits at the end with the sinking of the dreadnought and being confronted with the bare fact of 'what is war' (in short, Men Die).

A few friends who saw the show de-cry it as a movie that hailed the ideal of Militaristic Imperialism. But if u juz watch the movie without thinking into it too much, its pretty much a nice show.

There's another one which is pretty nice but I can't find it here - Grave of the Fireflies (Live Action). Of cos, that one has Matsushima Nanako.

seen it... nice!!!

showing the other side of the story, from the aunt & cousin point of view... dun make them look so bad... unlike in the anime portrayed like the aunt is a witch...

seen it... nice!!!

showing the other side of the story, from the aunt & cousin point of view... dun make them look so bad... unlike in the anime portrayed like the aunt is a witch...
Piang eh, dun remind me to watch it again liaoz. I see Matsushima Nanako I melt. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.