Other sources of 2nd-hand lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

le petit prince

Jan 26, 2004
I've been hearing about the miliions of old Pentax lenses floating around (24 million, if I recall correctly), which is said to be one of the brand's strengths. The sheer number of backwards compatible, good-quality, cheap lenses.. ahhh.

Now, besides the forum - which has been immensely useful, cos I got 4 2nd-hand lenses from here! - where else can I find those millions of older glass? Anyone knows of any shops which deals in 2nd-hand lenses like these?

Would love to try out cheap manual lenses, especially if they can fill the gaps in my line-up.

for m42s, can try fotografix at chinatown pt. They open after 2 pm.

Fee Fee has a few pentax / k mount lenses, but the selection's generally small.

sadly, think 2nd hand k mounts are not that prevalent in sg, unless ppl buy in from overseas to try, and sell off at a loss - which i did a coupla times

Or you have ppl like me who started with low end K-mount cameras like Cosina and then upgrade to Chinon and to the original Pentax, who still keep the lenses either for show or still using.

Curretly I have only one useable 85mm F1.8, while the rest have collected fungus in the dry box. I plan to get them serviced and I have a collection of various lenses to use.

Polar 135mm F2.8
Chinon 50mm F1.9
Pentax 28mm F2.8
Sigma 75-300mm F4-5.6
Pentax FA 28-80mm F3.5-4.7

What I am looking out for are also old Pentax or other brands with K-mounts, like Ricoh for instance. They also had very good lenses with F1.4 apertures and their SLRs were well known then.

Chinon is another brand that makes good SLRs and lenses and 3rd party ones like Makinon and Cosina. There was one brand that had K-mounts too. Made by Cosina but branded "Carl Zeiss Jenna". Dunno how many have heard of it but I have seen and tried it at the shop before. Cosina will cost about $160 for a 70-210mm but the CZJ will cost double at $320. If you put the lenses side by side standing on ends you will not be able to tell them apart because the marking are exactly alike.

Poke me if you want to go lens hunting ;)

Or you have ppl like me who started with low end K-mount cameras like Cosina and then upgrade to Chinon and to the original Pentax, who still keep the lenses either for show or still using.

Curretly I have only one useable 85mm F1.8, while the rest have collected fungus in the dry box. I plan to get them serviced and I have a collection of various lenses to use.

Polar 135mm F2.8
Chinon 50mm F1.9
Pentax 28mm F2.8
Sigma 75-300mm F4-5.6
Pentax FA 28-80mm F3.5-4.7

What I am looking out for are also old Pentax or other brands with K-mounts, like Ricoh for instance. They also had very good lenses with F1.4 apertures and their SLRs were well known then.

Chinon is another brand that makes good SLRs and lenses and 3rd party ones like Makinon and Cosina. There was one brand that had K-mounts too. Made by Cosina but branded "Carl Zeiss Jenna". Dunno how many have heard of it but I have seen and tried it at the shop before. Cosina will cost about $160 for a 70-210mm but the CZJ will cost double at $320. If you put the lenses side by side standing on ends you will not be able to tell them apart because the marking are exactly alike.

wow... u do have very interesting lenses! would like to try them someday, heh. Interest got piqued by the off-brand lenses thread in pentax forums.

Polar, Chinon... wah, sounds exotic!

Yup, let's go lens-hunt someday :D

wow... u do have very interesting lenses! would like to try them someday, heh. Interest got piqued by the off-brand lenses thread in pentax forums.

Some lenses were passed down by a friend who gave up photography. I regretted that I did not buy over his Ricoh XR1 with 50mm F1.4 from him when he wanted to sell away. That time poor student no M and he needed M so he sold off.

Status
Not open for further replies.