OT: Singular for lens is still LENS, not LEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
:D Sorry, couldn't resist that, drives me crazy everytime I see someone typing in len when referring to the singular.. try to actually say it aloud: You want my len? Or you want his len? :bsmilie:

OK, carry on...... :D

oh ya.. haha so you want to buy my len not?

btw, both lens and lense will do :)

its as exasperating as hearing

"Can you borrow me your len?" :mad2:

sometimes just have to bear with it. anyway, my English not so perfect too. :bsmilie:

ha ha ha .... luckily the letter A and E are not next to each other on the keyboard.....else it would be LAN.......
eg Can I borrow your 'lan' !! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Wai said:
hmm, but isn't a lens make up of many lenses inside?

No,it can be a single lens element, as in a hand lens etc

Finally someone speaks up on this. It's been irritating the hell out of me too each time i see 'len'. :bsmilie:

OT to your OT thread: how about people who say nows-a-day instead of now-a-days? I find that equally disturbing... ;)

roygoh said:
OT to your OT thread: how about people who say nows-a-day instead of now-a-days? I find that equally disturbing... ;)

Or how about people who pronounce Opportunity as 'or-pore-tu-ni-ty'? *grin* think we can come up with a whole list of these..

Actually, a lens is defined as "a piece of glass for optical use". But those things we use, (those that we dont speak of) those are made up of many pieces of glasses, sometimes plastics, sometimes glasses + plastics, so those are more than just lens....

"len" is just about as annoying as "shuttle"

:what:

I can't help it a my key i poilt o I have to type len in tead of len .

Your keyboard is not spoilt. It's haunted. Sometime will insert a blank space for "s" and sometime just skips it :bsmilie:

espn said:

espn said:

hmm..you are missing out an important key on your keyboard.

Why not substitute:

I can't help it a5 my key i5 5poilt 5o I have to type len in5tead of len5 . :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Ba ket all of you :b milie:

An el :kok:

Singapore's "Speak Good English" campaign hits Clubsnap! Hurrah!

Status
Not open for further replies.