Status
Not open for further replies.

asterixsg

May 22, 2006
Somewhere in this creation
All,

Didn't see any post on this...

http://www.triathlon.sg/

BTW, did any of you take part in the Mini and Sprint events today ? The transition area was such a mess. The rain ruined everything.

Those of you taking part tomorrow or those going to cheer the participants, please do take note. The bike transition area is extremely MUDDY.

But the organization was simply SUPERB. It just gets better and better every year. Lots of marshalls, lots of medics to attend to those who fell from their bikes, and the enthusiasm was very high.

OSIM Singapore International Triathlon ? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hey..i was there for the sprint today...

well the mud was bad...but was to busy to notice it...:cool:

were u there too....

Yeah. I was there too. I was doing the Sprint relay. I also didn't care about the mud, until I got home and looked at my shoes :bsmilie:
Spent half an hour cleaning my bike and another half an hour cleaning the shoes, but they are still dirty :cry:

Planning to go there tomorrow to cheer some of my friends taking part in the Olympic distance race and also shoot if the weather stays good.

hey asterixsg, guess u and me are the only ppl fellow doing such nonsense here....

r u in triathlonfamily too...

cheers...
km

hey asterixsg, guess u and me are the only ppl fellow doing such nonsense here....

cheers...
km

Being a creature of the land, I am not too comfortable in the sea :bsmilie: So, I try to do most of the land based events. In this case, I usually join my friends and we do a relay - Sprint or Olympic Distance - usually Sprint as we can't find a swimmer who is willing to swim 1500m :bsmilie:
I either bike or run. I also did the Oakley Duathlon this year.

Even though I believe in the saying "Do the thing you fear most, and you won't be afraid of it anymore...", I still can't get myself to swim in the sea after almost drowing once. :cry:
One day, this fear too has to be overcomed.

Sent u a PM.

done that in 2005 also .. looking back during that time. It really thru my friends that encourage me to join for the relay. Training make it tougher for me during then . but the effort has been pay off .. :)

cheers...
km

me too!!! the swim was BAD for me...

i did swimming for my relay team.. 11.00am start.. the sea water was chilling.. lol
pretty bad timing this time.. 23min for 750m. zzzzz. Last year I did individual (well prepared) can finished swimming leg for 20min. I hate swimming at east coast feels like ikan bilis.. murky water zzzzzz

Was there for the Olympic distance. You are right about the mud! EVERYTHING was muddy! The downpour didn't help matters either. I had to throw away my socks after I got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.