osim cold and hot pack contains poison


Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#1
just see from news, aust. one kid accidently bit through the pack and swallowed the liquid and was poison.

wonder why laws dont require businesses to label the product as dangerous if swallow the liquid. these packs can be use on face, hence the danger of accidently swallowing or eyes gets direct contact to the liquid if there is a leakage is very real. especially when water condenses on the pack, how can the user know if it the liquid or water!
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#2
just see from news, aust. one kid accidently bit through the pack and swallowed the liquid and was poison.

wonder why laws dont require businesses to label the product as dangerous if swallow the liquid. these packs can be use on face, hence the danger of accidently swallowing or eyes gets direct contact to the liquid if there is a leakage is very real. especially when water condenses on the pack, how can the user know if it the liquid or water!
err, problem is, it doesn't state its edible... hence = inedible

and do you know how thick is the packaging? sometimes its not about law governing, its about how parents should monitor what goes into the mouth of any kid.

*a cold hot pack is not a toy*
 

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#4
err, problem is, it doesn't state its edible... hence = inedible

and do you know how thick is the packaging? sometimes its not about law governing, its about how parents should monitor what goes into the mouth of any kid.

*a cold hot pack is not a toy*
the see toys also got stated "contain small moving parts", "for age X and above" or some statements like that.

but it goes further than kids. like i mentioned, imagine u use the cold pack to sooth ur eyes for what ever reasons (eg, do arc welding the whole day), there is water condensation on the pack, so it is wet. now imagine there is a leak, u also cannot tell mah, than it gets into the eyes or lips.:sweat::bigeyes:
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#5
the see toys also got stated "contain small moving parts", "for age X and above" or some statements like that.

but it goes further than kids. like i mentioned, imagine u use the cold pack to sooth ur eyes for what ever reasons (eg, do arc welding the whole day), there is water condensation on the pack, so it is wet. now imagine there is a leak, u also cannot tell mah, than it gets into the eyes or lips.:sweat::bigeyes:
err... u too far fetch lah...

like i say on my 1st post, to swallow it, probably only kids... seriously, toxic or not, sure die also (dun die also sure hospitalize)... cos its not food. parents should take note on things they give to children... most toys will label cos item is primary an item the kid will use probably with minimal supervision. u will find most creams and such have labels keep out of reach of children, most likely these products have them as well... but to go as far as letting a kid bite and the item until that plastic get pierced and sue the company if the kid swallows it... abit far fetch already... toxic or not, its abnormal... i think a dog might even take 1/2 a day to chew on that thing to make it break...

but on the other statement, to put in toxic substance is really beyond my comprehension... must separate the issues... putting toxic material into any consumer items is definitely a no-no to me...
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#6
even tiny SD (now got micro SD) cards swallow liao oso dangerous.... lol. :sweat:
 

seethoe

New Member
Dec 2, 2002
39
0
0
48
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
#8
its all boil down to parental guidance.... toddlers will put anything into their mouth even ants, cockcroach (dead or alive) etc...
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#10
nice point there... so probably these manufacturers should write For 5 Years & Up as well?
thank u. how draconian should rules be den very young kids cannot carry coins in their wallets just in cse swallow. then keys must oso ban, some keys are very sharp.

lol, lol. :sweat:

no lay, even silicon implants also can burst what.:bsmilie::bsmilie:
that must be some special cold/heat pack for some privileged eyez!! :bsmilie:
 

Mar 27, 2005
1,164
0
0
Singapore
#11
If the kid is too young to know it should not be bitten, then probably he also cannot read or understand the warning sign.
So it is still up to the parents to be more careful. And parents should have more common sense to know not to let children bite things that are not food. The warning signs are more for the benefit of company in case of liability than to actually warn consumers.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom