Orix SoundLabs

js_chia

Jul 9, 2002
Singapore, Singapore
Visit site
Hi all,

I here to inform everyone to be on the lookout for 2 conman in a van selling home stereo system.

As of today, 14/Dec/2007, as I was walking toward Sembawang MRT at around 6:45pm, 2 guys in a van suddenly stop beside me to ask me over.

Out of curious, I went over to check it out. One guy, whom he named himself as Roy, proceed to say that they have 2 Orix SoundLabs system, which are extra from shipment.

He then show me his IC and company detail and went on to tell me that the set cost S$2,999 and since are extra to writeoff, he said to sell me cheaply.

The first minute, I grew suspicious but he went on to open his van and show me the actual system.

Then I thought it might be a genuine buy so I agreed to pay them S$350 for it.

After that, they proceed to drive me to the nearest ATM to withdraw the money and deliver the set to my home.

The moment I got home and check the NET for information regarding the brand and the company, then I realized that I am con!!!

Of course, it's my own fault for being greedy at cheap sales.

So there it is. Please beware of 2 guys in van, selling Orix soundlabs stereo system from Pacific Entertainment Acoustics company.

The company is genuine, but the product doesn't cost that much.

Laugh if you want, but hopeful my loss will be the last one.

Hi all,

I here to inform everyone to be on the lookout for 2 conman in a van selling home stereo system.

As of today, 14/Dec/2007, as I was walking toward Sembawang MRT at around 6:45pm, 2 guys in a van suddenly stop beside me to ask me over.

Out of curious, I went over to check it out. One guy, whom he named himself as Roy, proceed to say that they have 2 Orix SoundLabs system, which are extra from shipment.

He then show me his IC and company detail and went on to tell me that the set cost S$2,999 and since are extra to writeoff, he said to sell me cheaply.

The first minute, I grew suspicious but he went on to open his van and show me the actual system.

Then I thought it might be a genuine buy so I agreed to pay them S$350 for it.

After that, they proceed to drive me to the nearest ATM to withdraw the money and deliver the set to my home.

The moment I got home and check the NET for information regarding the brand and the company, then I realized that I am con!!!

Of course, it's my own fault for being greedy at cheap sales.

So there it is. Please beware of 2 guys in van, selling Orix soundlabs stereo system from Pacific Entertainment Acoustics company.

The company is genuine, but the product doesn't cost that much.

Laugh if you want, but hopeful my loss will be the last one.

tis has been in circulation many many moons ago..
i learn it in CS..u learn it the tough way..come CS more..:)

This has to be one of the oldest con jobs! I first heard about it more than 7 years ago. Anyway, consider yourself lucky. When they first started, use to chop people minimum $700. And sometimes, externally looks good, but used parts insides!

Have to agree with wild stallion "If its too good to be true, it probably is!"

they tried to con me 2 years ago. 3 men in total but i will never buy any sound system without testing

They were slick salesmen.

The trick is human being's fear of losing out on a potential good deal.
The same as in computer chip trick.

You know the funniest thing?

Some other photog in CS ever raised similar topic in CS about some other purchase/service.
And when others suggested to take on the seller according to the law or complain to the mgt in Japan HQ, the one who raised the topic replied as though fellow CS member respondent was crazy or what, to take on the seller over such a small thing.

So you see, CS is just a [grumble only - let off steam] outlet.
The complainants do not really intend to do anything.
Sometimes CS Forum is just being "used" to put some public pressure on the company to get the complainant what they want. In such cases, without details we do not really know who is right.

Especially if the seller is a giant international company and the complainant only a small time pro who cannot afford the bad publicity or the large legal fees or offending giant companies who may one day be clients.

first encountered this in 1995....when i first started working. was working as service engineer and this van stopped next to mine, asked me to wind down the window saying that he has extra high end speakers for sale due to logistic error. my colleague told me to ignore them and wind up the window. HE told me these are con man...he had been approached years back. which means they have been around for a long time!!!

have since encounter such 'sweet deals' 3-4 times...just ignore them.

These guys are still doing it! I was going for lunch at the coffee shop next to the new Pioneer MRT and 2 guys in a van stopped me to try and sell the Orix Sound Labs stuff. I heard them and gracefully declined... went for lunch, and when I headed back to the car, they were trying to sell it to someone else.

It is interesting that Orix Sound Labs (http://www.orixsoundlabs.com/) being designed and engineered in USA has no web presence in USA. The only one is this web site from Pacific Entertainment Accoustics in Singapore.

I was conned as well. Stupig me. Anyway I do hope that I can get back my money.

why not call the police after you were approached by them?

Wow.. Imagine this.. Thread is from way back 2007.. And just now I got the same encounter.. 3 man in van.. Lucky Im not gullible.. Haha..

Wow.. Imagine this.. Thread is from way back 2007.. And just now I got the same encounter.. 3 man in van.. Lucky Im not gullible.. Haha..

k. everyone pls be alert. next time lets take their photo and send to police:bsmilie:

may i know where u met those conman? i feel like making a trip down to deesiao. get a couple more ppl along. then 1 person become sheep pretend. the rest of us camp wait and see wad happens. these ppl deserve to be sent to police