original m42 to k mount adaptor.. where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverspear

Dec 1, 2009
Hi seniors:

where in SG can we find the original pentax m42 to k mount adaptor? anyone knows?

Wasn't Fengwei selling one few days ago?

I bought third party one from XCpictorial at 28....more ex then ebay but at least I can get it immediately dun need to wait. So far it works pretty well, need to practice taking in and out a few times before, the whole operation becomes natural.

I bought third party one from XCpictorial at 28....more ex then ebay but at least I can get it immediately dun need to wait. So far it works pretty well, need to practice taking in and out a few times before, the whole operation becomes natural.

oh oh!! please tell me more about it... cos i've been reading up on the non-originals... the one you bought from XCpictorial, is it the flanged one or the non flanged one? does it have inscriptions on the adaptor? does it come with a removal tool? do you find that you need to use it?

I think Ben has a few extras. He bought some original adapters for his M42 lenses so he'd have one on each lens. You guys might wanna contact him and see if he wanna spare some.

oh oh!! please tell me more about it... cos i've been reading up on the non-originals... the one you bought from XCpictorial, is it the flanged one or the non flanged one? does it have inscriptions on the adaptor? does it come with a removal tool? do you find that you need to use it?

Non-flange...sits flush with the k-mount. To install and remove, need the tool. The first time I bought it and used it, it was a trying experience, so afraid that I damage the mount but after a while quite okie.

Non-flange...sits flush with the k-mount. To install and remove, need the tool. The first time I bought it and used it, it was a trying experience, so afraid that I damage the mount but after a while quite okie.

does it have any inscription on the surface of the adaptor? something that goes "m42P/K mount Japan" or something liek that?

does it have any inscription on the surface of the adaptor? something that goes "m42P/K mount Japan" or something liek that?

Nope no inscription or anything. Here are the pictures.

Using the third party M42 to K Adapter
P1000121.jpg

Helios on the Kx
P1000123.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.