Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristian

Apr 15, 2002
Melbourne & Singapore
Hi,

Not sure if this has been done before but I've banged up a script that resizes your photo. It is orientation aware so you don't have to run 2 batch processes for landscape or portrait pictures. Since scripts can be incorporated as part of a recorded action, this might be helpful to some.

More info here:

http://www.soundingblue.com/2006/01/03/orientation-aware-resizing-in-photoshop/

kristian said:
Hi,

Not sure if this has been done before but I've banged up a script that resizes your photo. It is orientation aware so you don't have to run 2 batch processes for landscape or portrait pictures. Since scripts can be incorporated as part of a recorded action, this might be helpful to some.

More info here:

http://www.soundingblue.com/2006/01/03/orientation-aware-resizing-in-photoshop/

thanks much appreciated :thumbsup: normally i seperate the portraits from the landscapes and run 2 different batch actions :sweat:

I also get a 0 byte file.

madmacs said:
sounds good but the script seems to be empty... ;p

thanks anyway :)

Hi,

Why dont you just perform a resize by percentage instead of pixels? It will work for both landscape and portrait.

Just my 2 cents.

ahk said:
Hi,

Why dont you just perform a resize by percentage instead of pixels? It will work for both landscape and portrait.

Just my 2 cents.

actually i have some actions that do that but then the original photo dimension have to be fixed otherwise the output dimensions will not be correct. one action will not work if you have more than 1 digital camera or source.

tunster said:
I do Fit Image with File -> Batch -> Fit Image. It works similar.
Yes.. it does exactly the same thing..
Only reason you may want to use that script is to modify it to apply to other instances like adding text, borders differently to landscape or portrait..

willyfoo said:
Yes.. it does exactly the same thing..
Only reason you may want to use that script is to modify it to apply to other instances like adding text, borders differently to landscape or portrait..

Yes you're correct. Wish I had seen that "Fit Image" feature before I wrote this..heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.