Orientation aware resizing Photoshop script


Status
Not open for further replies.

kristian

New Member
Apr 15, 2002
70
0
0
Melbourne & Singapore
#1
Hi,

Not sure if this has been done before but I've banged up a script that resizes your photo. It is orientation aware so you don't have to run 2 batch processes for landscape or portrait pictures. Since scripts can be incorporated as part of a recorded action, this might be helpful to some.

More info here:

http://www.soundingblue.com/2006/01/03/orientation-aware-resizing-in-photoshop/
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#2
kristian said:
Hi,

Not sure if this has been done before but I've banged up a script that resizes your photo. It is orientation aware so you don't have to run 2 batch processes for landscape or portrait pictures. Since scripts can be incorporated as part of a recorded action, this might be helpful to some.

More info here:

http://www.soundingblue.com/2006/01/03/orientation-aware-resizing-in-photoshop/
thanks much appreciated :thumbsup: normally i seperate the portraits from the landscapes and run 2 different batch actions :sweat:
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#4
I also get a 0 byte file.

madmacs said:
sounds good but the script seems to be empty... ;p

thanks anyway :)
 

ahk

New Member
Aug 25, 2004
36
0
0
#5
Hi,

Why dont you just perform a resize by percentage instead of pixels? It will work for both landscape and portrait.

Just my 2 cents.
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#6
ahk said:
Hi,

Why dont you just perform a resize by percentage instead of pixels? It will work for both landscape and portrait.

Just my 2 cents.
actually i have some actions that do that but then the original photo dimension have to be fixed otherwise the output dimensions will not be correct. one action will not work if you have more than 1 digital camera or source.
 

willyfoo

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,048
0
0
43
North
willyfoo.com
#10
tunster said:
I do Fit Image with File -> Batch -> Fit Image. It works similar.
Yes.. it does exactly the same thing..
Only reason you may want to use that script is to modify it to apply to other instances like adding text, borders differently to landscape or portrait..
 

kristian

New Member
Apr 15, 2002
70
0
0
Melbourne & Singapore
#11
willyfoo said:
Yes.. it does exactly the same thing..
Only reason you may want to use that script is to modify it to apply to other instances like adding text, borders differently to landscape or portrait..
Yes you're correct. Wish I had seen that "Fit Image" feature before I wrote this..heh.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom