Oriental Whip Snake

Blue Jay

Mar 17, 2012
Singapore
12012013upload1.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
A: Basically, whatever can be improved and what is just right.

2. What one hopes to acheive with this piece of work?
A: Show the snake's head, and I have cropped it such that it looks like it's staring at the flower below.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
A: Taken around noon, on a mostly cloudy day.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
A: Generally good. As for the background, it may not be very clean, but at least it's not distractive, as what I want is to get the snake sharp.

Settings: F/11, 1/250, ISO640, No flash

It's a weird composition in my opinion. I think the flower did not add to the image. Image was sharp, exposure was good, but I felt the picture did not bring out any meaning to the viewer.

Probably you can show a full uncropped version, so we have a better idea of the scene?

Suggest cropping a little of the left, and improving the contrast of the scene by putting more "separation" between the main subject and the background.
e.g.
8372864913_33d46b010c_o.jpg

12012013upload1.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
A: Basically, whatever can be improved and what is just right.

2. What one hopes to acheive with this piece of work?
A: Show the snake's head, and I have cropped it such that it looks like it's staring at the flower below.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
A: Taken around noon, on a mostly cloudy day.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
A: Generally good. As for the background, it may not be very clean, but at least it's not distractive, as what I want is to get the snake sharp.

Settings: F/11, 1/250, ISO640, No flash

lol very distracting flower..other than that would be very nice photo.

if I have not read the title.. I must have thought that that a photo of some kind of long-neck bird species..