Fred

Mar 4, 2002
Singapore
www.frednmich.com
More shot of her ;)

12.jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

Very nice! Both the model and your shots! How did you use flash? What's the background when you took the pic? What's your camera settings, e.g. aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. A few shots are a bit blur, guess it's due to slow shutter speed. And... where did you find this beauty? Drool~~~~

Looks like the lad in the Olympus E-20p launch last Sat at the Grand Hyatt.

Thanks Tomshen ;)

Yes, it's the Olympus E-20p launch.

Flash was bounced to the ceiling, background was a simple black backdrop. 1/30, f4, ISO 125 :cool:

hey, I was there too ... did not bring my external flash, so have to use builtin flash ... was trying to understand the use of D30's custom function of fixing the shutter speed at 1/200 when using Av mode with flash ... otherwise, it defaults to using slow-sync mode..

Any advise/comments appreciated :)

Tv: 1/200 Av: f/4.5
model1.jpg

Tv: 1/200 Av: f/2.8
model2.jpg

..NuTs..

Originally posted by dragos
Oops....show tummy liao...:p

how come this "beauty" so fat?

Originally posted by nuts
hey, I was there too ... did not bring my external flash, so have to use builtin flash ... was trying to understand the use of D30's custom function of fixing the shutter speed at 1/200 when using Av mode with flash ... otherwise, it defaults to using slow-sync mode..

Any advise/comments appreciated :)

..NuTs..

Hi Nuts,

In my opinion, your pictures are not bad, all the more so since you're using built-in flash. I believe you'll agree that the lighting then was trickly ;)

yah lor, so unflattering.. hope she doesn't come into this forum and see this ... :D

..NuTs..

Originally posted by dragos
Oops....show tummy liao...:p

Thanks Fred for the kind words! The lighting may be tricky but the truth is, I'm really inexperience in flash photography. Most of the time, I use P mode for flash and for normal outdoor shots, usually Av mode. So, now trying out Av mode using flash on a Canon, quite confusing :embrass:

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Fred

Hi Nuts,

In my opinion, your pictures are not bad, all the more so since you're using built-in flash. I believe you'll agree that the lighting then was trickly ;)

Originally posted by nuts
Thanks Fred for the kind words! The lighting may be tricky but the truth is, I'm really inexperience in flash photography. Most of the time, I use P mode for flash and for normal outdoor shots, usually Av mode. So, now trying out Av mode using flash on a Canon, quite confusing :embrass:

..NuTs..

Practice, practice & practice ;) We're all learning as we go along, Happy shooting :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.