Organising Trip to Redang Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleparty

Mar 15, 2005
Singapore
Hello everyone,

I'm helping a friend post this. She's organising another trip up to redang island this May, and information are as follows:

27th Apr (Evening) to 2nd May (Morning)
3 Nights at Redang Bay Resort

Twin/Triple Sharing - $350 per pax
Quad Sharing - $325 per pax
5+ a room - $310 per pax

I don't have pictures of the rooms, but based on what i had the last time, accomodation is basic, very much like the costa sands kind of chalets. Normally, most time isnt spent in the room though, with the water activities taking up most of the day. The resort was chosen over others because it offers the most (FOC) snorkling trips out per day to different locations compared to the others. Diving trips are chargable seperately.

The above price includes everything, 2-way coach, land and sea transfers to the island, and 4 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner). i only managed to spend my ringgit buying ciggarettes, internet, chewing gums, and a strange little gift for my gf.

Redang has a very nice beach, was told dunno which movie go there film before. The fishes are also plentiful. Those without underwater housings, can rent cams from the resort, and another neighbouring resort. (I'm don't know how many they have, but i think they're all sony)

Please not that the trip is planned over the public holiday, so for those who work a 5 day work week, its possible to take just 1 day, or 1.5 days leave.

>>> www.designaholik.com/redang

i've included a link of pictures i took while im there. Sorry, not many fishy pictures because i spent most of the time underwater shooting the schooling fishes which turns out only i like - most of the other time, i spent in the room sleeping. (if you get tired walkin up an overhead bridge like me, you'd rather be sleepin than in the sea too. haha.)

Those interested, pls PM me.

Hello Uncle Party!

May i know what are the charges if we're in for diving? I have a friend (residing in Perth) and she is excited about diving in the warm tropical of malaysia, especially Redang as it got beautiful U/W and great beaches. By the way we are advance divers.

Great to know that there're underwater housings for rent too! hehe :)

BTW the show that shot there was 'xia re de mo mo cha'.. the chinese show by Ren Xian Qi and Sammi Cheng.

looks nice but timing bad for me :(
you know of any earlier dates?
can give contacts to arr my own booking?

Thanks all for the PMs. Sorry to inform that the trip will be temporarily put on hold, pending the bird flu issue that's now hit malaysia. I'll revive the thread again at a later date when we're going again.

slaam: I believe you can arrange directly with the hotels themselves. My friend is able to bargain cheaper rates for the rooms only if she goes along as well (cos she's rather regular), thus she's able to bundle everything together at a better price. In which case, if you want the rates i wrote earlier, we have to go along with her and the dates that she'd eventually choose again (cos of birdflu).

behyx: halo! you're right, there's a package for divers which i believe goes down twice a day. I''ll be checkin it up for you, and let u know again when the trip's revived. To clarify, the rent underwater housing WITH cams, not the housing alone. And what i saw wasn't DSLRs :) Sony something something something.

Thanks all :)

Very interesting.. But too bad it's temp on hold..

Well Uncleparty keep us inform. I love your nick.

hello! For all those interested, the trip is on again. :)

Please note that the trip has been pushed slightly forward to another public holiday instead - May 1st. For those who are interesting in the diving packages, pls refer to the following rates instead (else pls refer to the very first post):

With Equipment
Twin Sharing - $520 per pax
Triple Sharing - $500 per pax
Quad Sharing - $500 per pax
5+ a room - $480 per pax

W/O Equipment
Twin Sharing - $440 per pax
Triple Sharing - $420 per pax
Quad Sharing - $420 per pax
5+ a room - $400 per pax

As with previously, the price includes all land and sea transfers, as well as most meals. The trip has been planned to coincide with the public holidays so that for the most of us, we'd only need 1 to 1.5 days leave. Hookay! Pls PM me those who are interested. :) :)

You can get dive rate at around RM60/tank dive at Redang Reef Resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.