Status
Not open for further replies.

silver.wolf

Apr 28, 2003
Hougang
www.underthestars.sg
Pertaining to this thread.

Two issues here.
1) Organiser did not ask my permission on the usage of the photo. He merely and conveniently give credits to me by posting a caption below the photo.

2) Organiser leeched the photo and put into a flickr account which i assume is his and then use the photo commercially.

Now, this is frustrating. The organiser didn't have the basic courtesy to ask me for permission. And i have checked with the model, she said the organiser only tell her that he will "copy and paste" the photo to organise the shoot. No permission asked also. Giving credits is not the same as asking for permission.

Am i right to say that because my photo is used, and the organiser is earning income, i'm also going to get a cut of it, because my photos were used without permission?

Thanks god. Right now i'm only seeing this guy is the only guy who does such an unethical act. I hope that the other organisers at least seek permission from the photographer or the model.

What u guys think?

accreditation and permission is not the same thing...

though the photographer is credited, but i guess organizers still have to take note of getting permissions from the photographer to use the photos in organizing shoots.

Well.... I would better give comment after i heard the other side story..

ur works good wat.. den ppl wan to leech :bsmilie:
at least ppl 'give credits' to you for the photo. no one giv credits to me for the makeup lor!
haizz... mua pai mia :confused:

but then still, basic courtesy to ask for permission.

Pertaining to this thread.

Two issues here.
1) Organiser did not ask my permission on the usage of the photo. He merely and conveniently give credits to me by posting a caption below the photo.

2) Organiser leeched the photo and put into a flickr account which i assume is his and then use the photo commercially.

Now, this is frustrating. The organiser didn't have the basic courtesy to ask me for permission. And i have checked with the model, she said the organiser only tell her that he will "copy and paste" the photo to organise the shoot. No permission asked also. Giving credits is not the same as asking for permission.

Am i right to say that because my photo is used, and the organiser is earning income, i'm also going to get a cut of it, because my photos were used without permission?

Thanks god. Right now i'm only seeing this guy is the only guy who does such an unethical act. I hope that the other organisers at least seek permission from the photographer or the model.

What u guys think?

simple, 2 solutions i will adopt if i am you

1) ask for a fee paid to you for using your photos.

2) call up a lawyer and form a case against that organiser who refuse to pay or remove the photo.

3) sign up for the shoot or asked your fren to sign up, get to know where is the location of that shoot and confront the person face to face on the spot (bring some guys or tools along if needed). Tat's when things are going to get ugly.

:think:

simple, 2 solutions i will adopt if i am you

1) ask for a fee paid to you for using your photos.

2) call up a lawyer and form a case against that organiser who refuse to pay or remove the photo.

3) sign up for the shoot or asked your fren to sign up, get to know where is the location of that shoot and confront the person face to face on the spot (bring some guys or tools along if needed). Tat's when things are going to get ugly.

:think:

wahh ... sounds serious leh. :bsmilie:

of cos it's only fair to hear what the organiser got to say. but still it's a fact that he didn't ask for my permission.

Yes, using your work without asking permission is definately no-no :nono: . you have a strong point here.

Without proper consent/permission, black & white from the photographer/ model affected, seems like the organiser would be liable for and any claims of damages as a consequence of such unauthorized usage of images.

Photography is a profession that is to be respected as the same as other professions. In the commerical world, law suits would fly and I dun see why it does not apply to photography.

Seek compensation!

This is the only way to make sure photographer's rights are upheld.

wah gangsterism!!

no lah... i didn't mean to beat that organiser up.. We are photographers ! professionals.. we dun beat people. We just take pictures of that organiser and post it 3 times a week with a title " This organiser steal my photos without my permission ! " :devil:

no lah... i didn't mean to beat that organiser up.. We are photographers ! professionals.. we dun beat people. We just take pictures of that organiser and post it 3 times a week with a title " This organiser steal my photos without my permission ! " :devil:

mental torture!! i think the organiser wld hav preferred u use gansterism method instead :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Why not just PM the organizer and ask for an explanation?
IMHO this will solve your problem faster... :)

Why not just PM the organizer and ask for an explanation?
IMHO this will solve your problem faster... :)
I feel this need to be settle pubicly.

And asking for permission at this stage is just too late.

mental torture!! i think the organiser wld hav preferred u use gansterism method instead :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

no lah.. cannot ! we are photographers, not gangsters... we are educated people with a decent hobby or skill trade. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.