Ordering stuff from overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRaphael

Feb 23, 2007
Pandan Gardens
Hey everyone, need a little help here.

I'm thinking of ordering some stuff from overseas via a website (thinkgeek.com), but it doesn't ship to Singapore.

Anyone knows of possibly anyway that I will be able to get the stuffs? Legally, of course.

it looks like a us site.

use VPOST or borderlinx. what sort of item are you shipping? make sure it is in accordance with us postal rules. for example, lithium ion batteries, vpost will not ship for you because of some silly guidelines.

anyways, some things to note, you will have to pay a fee no matter which service you use.. borderlinx only applicable for citibank credit card holders, if i do not remember wrong. and if your item value is above 400sgd, you will have to pay gst on the item.

hope this helps. you can visit vpost website for more information.

in short, how it works is that vpost will provide you with a us address, they will receive your item over in the us, and then redirect it to singapore for you. easy.

Hey everyone, need a little help here.

I'm thinking of ordering some stuff from overseas via a website (thinkgeek.com), but it doesn't ship to Singapore.

Anyone knows of possibly anyway that I will be able to get the stuffs? Legally, of course.

You can get it delivered to you via vpost.

For more info, visit vpost :)

Last edited:
it looks like a us site.

use VPOST or borderlinx. what sort of item are you shipping? make sure it is in accordance with us postal rules. for example, lithium ion batteries, vpost will not ship for you because of some silly guidelines.

anyways, some things to note, you will have to pay a fee no matter which service you use.. borderlinx only applicable for citibank credit card holders, if i do not remember wrong. and if your item value is above 400sgd, you will have to pay gst on the item.

hope this helps. you can visit vpost website for more information.

in short, how it works is that vpost will provide you with a us address, they will receive your item over in the us, and then redirect it to singapore for you. easy.

Oie GOAT!

Last edited:
Actually, I'm thinking of just ordering some magnets. I guess it wouldn't be a problem, right?

Alright, will look into vPost.

Thanks all!

no, it shouldn't be a problem.

but it may be hard to justify the cost, vpost doesn't come cheaply. :)

vpost offers discount for certain credit cards and paypal.

vpost offers discount for certain credit cards and paypal.

Well, I have a paypal account which current is out of money. :confused:

And I don't have a credit card. All I got is a POSB debit card though.

you should be able to link your debit card to your paypal!

tada!

If i am not mistaken, the discount only apply if your delivery cost is above SGD$40. I think your magnets shipping will only cost you the base price of USD$20+. :)

if im not wrong EMS does it too.. and it *seems* to be reliable.

ive heard quite a few missing parcel cases with vpost.. there was one girl who ordered items that never left vpost according to the tracking system, but was told that her parcel was missing and only got 60USD compensation... which is actually way lesser than the total cost of her items + shipping. so i dunno can really trust them or not :dunno:

you should be able to link your debit card to your paypal!

tada!

ahh. might try it out later.

the items that i would be buying is around USD20? isn't really that much, but i really don't wish that they do get stuck in vpost though.

ahh. might try it out later.

the items that i would be buying is around USD20? isn't really that much, but i really don't wish that they do get stuck in vpost though.

errr may i ask what sort of magnet? those neodimun magnet? $20 USD? how big?

there is a HK website that i purchase some neodimun magnet, they only come in button and small ball shape. they post it to u (no shipping charge) http://www.dealextreme.com

Last edited:
not to discourage you but i don't really trust vpost on the delievry.
not 1 but 3 very bad experience with them.. :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.