Ordering from B&H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Just wondering... if i order stuff from B&H, then is it better to use their direct shipping to sg or use their local ground, and then ship via Vpost?

looking at the cost point of view... cos shipping direct seems rather ex, but dunno how much will vpost charge.

If you can wait, VPostUSA is always cheaper, but you will face a delay of 1 week or 2.
Shipping charges for vPOSTUSA
Base charge $9.99
+ $6.99 per kg* for the first 10 kg and
+ $5.99 per kg* thereafter.
*based on volumetric weight@ or actual weight whichever is higher
a normal lens probably be around S$20 (included the $9.99 base charge).

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i thinking of shipping a table... :think:
That will be damn ex :sweat:
I was shipping a bag (3kg), but the packaging is 8 kg, don't know why the pakaging is so heavy), so I need to pay $9.99 + 11x$6.99 = $86.88 for the postage, more expensive than the bag alone :mad2: .

How heavy it the table plus packaging? Better ask before buy.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i thinking of shipping a table... :think:

let me know when you are keen to get an order, i have a few items in mind too, thinking on saving on the delivery cost too.

zcf said:
I was shipping a bag (3kg), but the packaging is 8 kg, don't know why the pakaging is so heavy), so I need to pay $9.99 + 11x$6.99 = $86.88 for the postage, more expensive than the bag alone :mad2: .

why so heavy packaging? the last time i order from them, it is very very light.

zcf said:

checking now... haiz...

zoossh said:
why so heavy packaging? the last time i order from them, it is very very light.
Not sure, order from another vendor. Still hasn't received good yet so don't know what they had used for packaging.

zcf said:
Not sure, order from another vendor. Still hasn't received good yet so don't know what they had used for packaging.

they might accidentally added the wrong 'air' haha... suppose put air or nitrogen cushioning, they put in some heavy stuff, or they used sponge... then it was soaked in water.... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
they might accidentally added the wrong 'air' haha... suppose put air or nitrogen cushioning, they put in some heavy stuff, or they used sponge... then it was soaked in water.... :bsmilie:
Has asked Vpost people to remove the packaging, but no reply from them, so probably can't comply.
That's how they smuggle water from USA to Singapore :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u order or i order?

both can. but you sure you are ordering a table????

zcf said:
Has asked Vpost people to remove the packaging, but no reply from them, so probably can't comply.
That's how they smuggle water from USA to Singapore :bsmilie:

u read a recent news about a tip off, some woman smuggled underwear soaked in drugs... u better becareful... they might smuggle something else... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ya... haha... not those big table lah... wanna buy a TURNTABLE... hehe...

what's that?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u read a recent news about a tip off, some woman smuggled underwear soaked in drugs... u better becareful... they might smuggle something else... :bsmilie:
So they use underwear as cushion and smuggle underwear into Singapore :bsmilie:

zcf said:

Maybe due to volumemetric weight..;p

donchua said:
Maybe due to volumemetric weight..;p

Yes, vPost will charge by actual or volumetric weight, whichever is greater.

Ordering stuff tonight... hehe...

zoosh, u wanna pm me the stuff u getting? but will be using UPS since its easier... price about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.