ordering blu ray discs from amazon

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
hi guys, ima ordering blue ray discs from amazon, but why they never show the region code like A, B and C ?

Last edited:
So far, I ordered more than 20 titles already, such as Terminator 1-3, Die Hard 1-4, 2012, etc....
No problem at all, I think shd be region under region A.

Isn't it obvious that if you are ordering from the US amazon, it will be Region A - that site was meant to serve America, therefore will usually not sell a Region B or C Bluray - if it does, it always have this "Imported" on the title line (you can check Amazon.co.uk to see those items, as you will find a fair bit of imported US BRs).

In any case, Singapore is also under Region A, so why do you need to know if it is Region B or C in Amazon.com?

If you are that curious, you can always check the web for information such as these. Amazon or any other selling sites will only state their own region code and does not tell you if it is region free as far as I know.

Last edited:
i also want to order HDMI cables v1.4 cat2. they were like sooooo cheap... but cannot deliver to singapore....sian...

i also want to order HDMI cables v1.4 cat2. they were like sooooo cheap... but cannot deliver to singapore....sian...

I use vPost. They arrived no problem. :)

why buy when you can watch them online?
I think if you want to have full HD + 7.1/5.1 audio, you can't watch online.
Even if you download mkv file, the size ranging from 10GB to 15GB, but not sure if you can get 5.1 DTS HD Master audio :dunno:

Are you talking High Definition and are you talking about illegal sources?

I don't know about their legality. Do a search on xxxx. They have 高清 and 蓝光 movie section. BTW, it is online streaming. You don't need to download any AVI, MKV, MOV files.

Last edited:
I don't know about their legality. Do a search on PPTV. They have 高清 and 蓝光 movie section. BTW, it is online streaming. You don't need to download any AVI, MKV, MOV files.

Bro
Are you talking about this: http://movie.pptv.com/ ?
I believe OP wants to buy the usual action movies. I seriously doubt they are available online for free, legally at least.

And I don't think our forums wants to promote anything illegal.

And to stream lossless signals, you have to be equipped with a really high band width connection.

So I would suggest OP stick to amazon or other such sources, cheers.

I use vPost. They arrived no problem. :)

just came back from sim lim, the whole bloody sim lim tower and sim quare square only 1 shop at square carry 1.4 ! sim lim tower dont carry them at all.

other shops only carry 1.3 ....i spent like 2 hrs walking up and down.

dont understand why so hard to get 1.4 , it is not new... maybe they are trying to clear 1.3 ....

Bro
Are you talking about this: ?
I believe OP wants to buy the usual action movies. I seriously doubt they are available online for free, legally at least.

And I don't think our forums wants to promote anything illegal.

And to stream lossless signals, you have to be equipped with a really high band width connection.

So I would suggest OP stick to amazon or other such sources, cheers.

Disclaimer: I am not promoting this site. I also do not know of its legitimacy. So whoever wants to use it , it is at your own risk. Unlilke the high profile anime downloads, you are not downloading. However, you do cache the movies unknowingly. I do not know of the legal implication of watching movies online. Maybe someone who is familiar can advise. Anyway, I have friends from all over the world watching from sites like these. I do not think I am the first to know about this. Anyway, I will remove the wordings so as not to appear as promoting the site.

Last edited:
just came back from sim lim, the whole bloody sim lim tower and sim quare square only 1 shop at square carry 1.4 ! sim lim tower dont carry them at all.

dont understand why so hard to get 1.4 , it is not new... maybe they are trying to clear 1.3 ....

I am not related to this chap, but you can try him:
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=57721.0
And you can read more here:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1900362

Just curious, are u using 3D TV? Seem hdmi 1.4 mainly use for 3D TV or the resolution upto 4096x2160.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

why u need hdmi 1.4 now?
u have av receiver/tv/blu ray player that is 1.4 capable?

Hi ninelives, thanks for the info :)
Can share which store u bought your hdmi 1.4? how much?
TIA