Orchids and a Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.

chngpe01

Staff member
Here are some orchids and flowers taken at MOG.

An Orchid from the Vanda family
31760990.jpg

Another Orchid from the Vanda family
31760988.jpg

An Orchid from the Dendrobium family
31760989.jpg

Taken by mrs chngpe01

Another Vanda Family?
31760991.jpg

Another species of Ginger Plant?
31760992.jpg

Comments are welcome.

Thanks for viewing.

the flowers are beautiful ... :bigeyes:
can share how you took the shots?
what were you thinking when you shot the pics?
me curious.... :D

sunnie

1st pix is very nice, but suggest crop the bottom a bit. :thumbsup:

Interesting changes to the style of photography. Welcome to the macro world.

SPLENDID!!!
I personally like the sharpness and colour of the piece "An Orchid from the Dendrobium family".
care to share your settings and wat equipment u used for it? thanks man! *drools over your pix*

PE, nice shots there. :thumbsup: Good to see you venturing into macro for a change. :) Personal faves is the 1st and 3rd pic, very vibrant colours and nice backlighting effect. Keep shooting!

Nice Series,

for me the last image the BEST :thumbsup: the green and red kinds of give the image a very balance feel :)

Thanks Tim appreciate your comments. And thanks too to Abdul, Jason, Steven and Geoyip.

sunnie_kenji said:
can share how you took the shots?
what were you thinking when you shot the pics?
me curious.... :D
sunnie

When I look into the lens, I like the translucent feel of the flowers and I wanted to capture the mood esp in the first pic. Hope I got it right. I did a tight crop as the background was rather messy, hence cropping tight I am able to exclude the mess behind. Those were my thoughts then. As for the last 2 shots I am not sure cos it was taken by my wife.

Hi Overcash, Thanks, glad you like it. The 1st 3 were taken with a D70, 70-200mmVR with 500D close-up filter. The last 2 were taken by my wiffe on a Coolpix 8700. Guess she is a better photographer ;p

chngpe01 said:
The last 2 were taken by my wiffe on a Coolpix 8700. Guess she is a better photographer ;p

OK than, u have been demoted to ordinary member - yr wife take over as moderator wif immediate effect :D

chngpe01 said:
Guess she is a better photographer ;p

that's a very modest statement...
actually frankly speaking in this series i like the backlit shot the best. wow its really great that u n ur wife share the same hobby huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.