orchid

Status
Not open for further replies.

humster

Mar 16, 2007
no place to stay
The photo was taken at Botanic Garden last month when I just got my first DSLR camera. :)
The buds seems to be more in focus than the flower. Beside that does anyone think the orchid looks too artificial? ;p

DSC_0167-2.JPG

hey.. like the saturation and simplicity of the shot.. composition can be better though. trying placing the flower according to the rule of thirds for better composition.. also if it's possible, try tilting the camera to such an angle that the branch is diagonally across the picture.. (takes the viewer's eye across the whole shot)
keep it up! =)

First of all dont be too ambitious. Decide what you want to take. The flower or the buds. It is very distracting to have too many things in a picture. The leaves to the right of the picture is a distraction. I would crop that out if i were you. Follow rule of thirds. Placing the flower right smack centre does not work for me.

love the OOF backgrd. kinda smooth.

The photo was taken at Botanic Garden last month when I just got my first DSLR camera. :)
The buds seems to be more in focus than the flower. Beside that does anyone think the orchid looks too artificial? ;p

DSC_0167-2.JPG

the orchid looks natural enuff but your right-edge background needs to be more blurred out...

Status
Not open for further replies.