Not open for further replies.

die-hard-nikonian

Dec 26, 2006
Lens: 50mm F/1.8 D
Focal Length: 50mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
1/1000 sec - F/1.8
DSC_00330001_3.JPG

where is the sharpness???? or u want it like that????? and the blackground make mi bored 1/2 liao..... nvm just my 2 cent.........

thin or shallow DOF/low f number composition is not easy. you have to compose very carefully to make any good shot. your selection of the focal point must be very deliberate and you must also be very aware of the the orientation of the focal plane in relation to the subject. U need much much more experimental compositions to get the hang of shallow DOF compositions.

So in this picture ask yourself where was the focal point and what is it you want in focus and which out, and was the focal plane correct then in relation to the intended composition? Was there an "intended compostion"?

where is the sharpness???? or u want it like that????? and the blackground make mi bored 1/2 liao..... nvm just my 2 cent.........

relax lah...
the original photo was very sharp (even at aperture wide open), but due to file size limit I had to scale it down, which made it not as sharp

Acutally I do not think its due to re-sizing. Even it if was sharp when resized down it would not look that soft. If you can use the curve of the branch to help draw the viewers eye into the pic and lead it to some thing intresting it would work better. As it is it leads in nicely from the bottom corner but does not really lead to anything eyecatching for me.

Acutally I do not think its due to re-sizing. Even it if was sharp when resized down it would not look that soft. If you can use the curve of the branch to help draw the viewers eye into the pic and lead it to some thing intresting it would work better. As it is it leads in nicely from the bottom corner but does not really lead to anything eyecatching for me.

ok guys..
I was just testing out the use of a velvet cloth behind the flower. Its for technical purpose. It was under broad-day-light but as the shutter speed is 1/1000 the background is almost perfectly dark.
Not much of artistic value I guess?

no, on the contrary i like the idea of a dark backgrounds. but you have to support it with a sharp foreground or else the picture loses the punch. also, make sure your foreground and bg are in contrast (e.g. green or red over black).

another thing is composition. you have started well but left the subject in the middle of the frame. limit it to the top third and leave a little empty space at the left border.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.