Orchard Road Christmas Lights Outing 16 Dec '17

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoongeng

Jan 26, 2010
Hello everyone I'm organising an outing to take take photographs of the Christmas Decorations along Orchard Road

Details:
Date: 16 December 2017 Saturday
Time: 6.30pm to 9 pm

Some photos I took:
38238964804_648496a09e_c.jpg

38238965384_e88d03d397_c.jpg

38918752252_f2298df6a2_c.jpg

Requirements to register:
1. Beginners and keen to learn - Beginners as in you need help with camera settings, what mode to use or how to set up your tripod. This will be more of a sharing session, I will share what I have learnt from the seniors in this forum and try to answer as many questions as I can.
2. Post a photograph in Clubsnap after the outing - After the session I will create a thread and you are required to post at least 1 photograph from the outing. I hope everyone will learn from the experience by getting feedback from others especially the seniors in this forum (I will try to comment on all the photographs posted)
(seniors are welcome to join (and share with us if you are keen), just drop me a PM or just drop by thanks!)

Group size (for those registering): 5

Equipment:

1. Any camera, remember to bring enough batteries and memory cards
2. Any lens (I will be bringing a wide angle lens and a macro lens, but you can practice composition with any lens you have)
3. Tripod (if you want to take light trails)
4. Remote control for your camera - either wired or wireless or wifi (if you want to take light trails)
4. Any filters (eg ND filters), levellers you have or other equipment you think will be useful
5. Water, snacks if you need and umbrella
6. Comfortable footwear as we may be walking a distance down Orchard Road

How to register:
- Those who are keen to register we will do it the usual Clubsnap way - copy and paste the list and add your name to the next available slot
- Nearer to the day, most likely 15th December night, I will PM all the registered participants the exact location to meet.

Those who register but did not appear on that day, or did not post their photograph after the outing will be blacklisted

I will update this post with the confirmed list of registered participants by 15 December, or earlier if it is full. I will also update on the day itself if the outing will be on or not in case of weather etc so please check the thread before heading out

Thanks and hope to see you guys on 16 December

Update 16/12/17 4.50pm:
List of participants
1. wkching
END

This outing is a GO. Seeya at the meeting location!

Update 17/12/17 12.30pm
Thread to share photos from the outing started: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1705055&p=9506990

Last edited:
This is the registration list, use 'Reply' button, then copy and paste the list, and add in your Clubsnap nickname. If you jump queue or put in your name without continuing the list you may not get registered thank you.
END

This is the registration list, use 'Reply' button, then copy and paste the list, and add in your Clubsnap nickname. If you jump queue or put in your name without continuing the list you may not get registered thank you.
1. phyrewall
END

1. phyrewall
2. wkching
END

Participants please check your Clubsnap inbox thanks

Meeting locations sent out, if have problems receiving please PM me thanks.

Will update this thread at around 5pm tomorrow to confirm if the outing is going on, in case of weather changes

There's some light drizzle but according to forecast it's supposed to stop in the evening. Hopefully it's correct, if not there are still some sheltered areas, and do bring an umbrella.

This outing is a GO. Seeya at the meeting location!

I've started a thread to share our shots from this outing: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1705055&p=9506990

Usually I advice participants to upload photos to the Clubsnap Gallery so no separate account in other image hosting sites needed. However the Clubsnap Gallery is currently down, I've put it up in the FAQ section hoepfully it will be fixed soon. Here are the instructions I previously put up (on post #7, in case it gets fixed fast): http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1607136&p=9324285&viewfull=1#post9324285

If not have to use other image hosting sites. I'm using Flickr which needs a Yahoo account.
On Flickr, to get a link to the photograph that you want to post onto Clubsnap, when you open the image, there is a Right pointing arrow below the image (when your mouse pointer is above it, it says 'Share Photo')
- Click it and a dialogue box that says 'Share 1 photo to: ' opens, choose 'BBCode', choose an image size (longest side between 800-1000 pixels so it won't be too big), then copy the link shown above the image size
- Paste the link to where you are inserting the image

Any problems let me know. Take your time in the next few days to look through your shots and post at least 1 :)

To clarify how to post image in Clubsnap from Flickr:
- Click 'Reply to Thread' in the outing thread
- Type the text you need
- When you come to the place where you want to insert your photo, go to your Flickr image, get the link then Paste the link back in Clubsnap
- you can click 'Go to Advanced' and then 'Preview Post' buttons to preview your post before 'Submit Reply' to post

Last edited:
No more updates so closing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.