Aug 24, 2008
On behalf of our CSer : XXXXX

RIP
SIGMA 150-500
Nov 2008 - Jan 2009
Place of rest : Japanese Garden Pond
Date of deceased : 31 Jan 2009
Cause : Roll Over (Suicide Style)

Any suggestion from anyone if the lens can be useable if it could be retrieved (if there is any chance) ? ? ?
Anyone know of anyway to retrieve that lens ? ? ?

All Suggestions Welcome . . .
Please keep those crude remarks to yourself . . .
THANKS . . .

:bheart: . . . Poor Fellow . . . :bheart:

Did u fetch up the lens back first bo? send to Service center see what they say loh. Cheap then service.

On behalf of our CSer : XXXXX

RIP
SIGMA 150-500
Nov 2008 - Jan 2009
Place of rest : Japanese Garden Pond
Date of deceased : 31 Jan 2009
Cause : Roll Over (Suicide Style)

Any suggestion from anyone if the lens can be useable if it could be retrieved (if there is any chance) ? ? ?
Anyone know of anyway to retrieve that lens ? ? ?

All Suggestions Welcome . . .
Please keep those crude remarks to yourself . . .
THANKS . . .

:bheart: . . . Poor Fellow . . . :bheart:

Did you guys brought the the lens up from the pond or not? There might still be a chance to repair it.

very tragic accident...
but there is almost no chance of it working properly again if u retrieve it..
all the gizmos in there, the chips and wiring wld all be damaged already, but no harm trying.. even just to keep its body..

try to retrieve it, inform the park management before you do that and remember to get help if you do not have the competency to retrieve it from the pond, not worth risking your life. It is fresh water, as long as does not get exposed to air, there are chances that corrosion hasn't set in and you may be able to rescue it.

Sad to hear that, I feel for you. Agree with the rest, inform the park mgmnt, there might be a chance to repair it.

Last edited:
We have yet to try anything on it yet...
But like you said... We may try to check if there's any chance to get the park mgmt to help us on the retrival...

Hope it can still be use.....

say until liddat... like someone drowned... probably you can bring a watermelon and throw into the pond... but at your own risk if the caretaker goes after you.

By posting this up..I think alot of CSers will start fishing for lens at the pond today...:bsmilie:

By posting this up..I think alot of CSers will start fishing for lens at the pond today...:bsmilie:

that would surely take a long time...
unless they know the exact spot....
though it's a small pond, but i covers quite a wide perimeter.... :bsmilie:

say until liddat... like someone drowned... probably you can bring a watermelon and throw into the pond... but at your own risk if the caretaker goes after you.

ya, the sigma drown...
unless someone cna find it and give it CPR i guess... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
btw, with or without lens hood?

my guess is, only lens cap, lens rear cover, lens hood able to use only... the rest, i think can put in the fish tank if found, then let the fish nibble at it. by now, i guess the optics will also be a gone case for algae already.

btw, with or without lens hood?

my guess is, only lens cap, lens rear cover, lens hood able to use only... the rest, i think can put in the fish tank if found, then let the fish nibble at it. by now, i guess the optics will also be a gone case for algae already.

i dun think so....
fresh water, should not have algae too soon....
i'm not too sure about that....
but i guess with no caps, but onli hood....
cos from what i heard, was adding on of tele, when that happened....
a really "suay" incident....

Status
Not open for further replies.